ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 05-29-2009   #1
FU

Default MINORITIES -OUR TROOPS

MINORITIES

We need to show more sympathy for these people.
* They travel miles in the heat.
* They risk their lives crossing a border.
* They don't get paid enough wages.
* They do jobs that others won't do, or are afraid to do.
* They live in crowded conditions among a people who speak a different language.
* They rarely see their families, and they face extreme adversity all day ~ every day.

I'm NOT talking about illegal Mexicans ~

I'm talking about our troops!

Doesn't it seem strange that many Democrats and Republicans are willing to lavish all kinds of social benefits on illegals, but don't support our troops, and are even threatening to defund them?

This is disgust's the heck outta me !

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009   #2
QB93Z

Default Re: MINORITIES -OUR TROOPS

Frank,

On Memorial Day, I was at the house of friends of my wife. Mostly college professor types. We usually do NOT discuss politics because they know that Lyndi and I are very conservative. (I don't usually don't go to these functions. No one there knows what AFR is or cares.)

Anyway, one of the guests was the Command Sargent Major of the ROTC unit. He is a welcomed guest because he is one of them (How he pulls that off I don't know). One of the ultra-lib ladies made the comment that the Command Sargent Major does not like war and teaches a class about how military people don't like war.

So I pipe up and say "That is what I don't get about your anti-war movement for the last 50 years. Why do you always blame the military and especially the fighting men for the war......" Well I discovered that it is OK for the Command Sargent Major to dislike war, but there is no way that I was going to be accepted for that view. I tried to point out that the 108 nuclear warheads that I carried on 16 ICBM's had been a pretty good deterrent and ensured peace for 40 years, but as soon as I said "nuclear weapons" they all attacked me protesting that if we got rid of all the nuclear weapons then we would have peace.

I changed the subject, and we left soon after that.

In light of what is going on in Iran and North Korea today, the world is a scary place with liberals in charge. If the USA does not stand up and take real action against the facist states that are about to aquire nuclear bombs and long range missiles, then we are doomed to be black mailed on a scale that will make the Middle East piracy problem look like a tea party. All the attempts by the liberal/diplomatic/media establishment to "use world pressure" to restrain the rouge nations will fail just like it failed in the late 1930's in Europe. The result was a world war that cost 100's of millions of lives.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #3
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z View Post
Frank,

On Memorial Day, I was at the house of friends of my wife. Mostly college professor types. We usually do NOT discuss politics because they know that Lyndi and I are very conservative. (I don't usually don't go to these functions. No one there knows what AFR is or cares.)

Anyway, one of the guests was the Command Sargent Major of the ROTC unit. He is a welcomed guest because he is one of them (How he pulls that off I don't know). One of the ultra-lib ladies made the comment that the Command Sargent Major does not like war and teaches a class about how military people don't like war.

So I pipe up and say "That is what I don't get about your anti-war movement for the last 50 years. Why do you always blame the military and especially the fighting men for the war......" Well I discovered that it is OK for the Command Sargent Major to dislike war, but there is no way that I was going to be accepted for that view. I tried to point out that the 108 nuclear warheads that I carried on 16 ICBM's had been a pretty good deterrent and ensured peace for 40 years, but as soon as I said "nuclear weapons" they all attacked me protesting that if we got rid of all the nuclear weapons then we would have peace.

I changed the subject, and we left soon after that.

In light of what is going on in Iran and North Korea today, the world is a scary place with liberals in charge. If the USA does not stand up and take real action against the facist states that are about to aquire nuclear bombs and long range missiles, then we are doomed to be black mailed on a scale that will make the Middle East piracy problem look like a tea party. All the attempts by the liberal/diplomatic/media establishment to "use world pressure" to restrain the rouge nations will fail just like it failed in the late 1930's in Europe. The result was a world war that cost 100's of millions of lives.

Jim
Part of the problem is that the bleeding-heart liberals yap senselessly too much, too loudly and too long. I salute the the job you did by carrying those nuclear warheads as deterrents. If I had been present when you tried to voice your views I would have tried my best to keep it on topic until the liberals began to see how pathetic they are about their infantile views of war and nuclear proliferation. I refuse to let those liberal types shut me down. They (the liberals) were the disgusting hippies in the 60s who shamelessly protested the brave young servicemen when they returned from Vietnam after risking their lives to serve and protect their country.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #4
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 415 View Post
Part of the problem is that the bleeding-heart liberals yap senselessly too much, too loudly and too long. I salute the the job you did by carrying those nuclear warheads as deterrents. If I had been present when you tried to voice your views I would have tried my best to keep it on topic until the liberals began to see how pathetic they are about their infantile views of war and nuclear proliferation. I refuse to let those liberal types shut me down. They (the liberals) were the disgusting hippies in the 60s who shamelessly protested the brave young servicemen when they returned from Vietnam after risking their lives to serve and protect their country.
I hear you! Unfortunately we run a business and a lot of those ex-hippie liberals are our customers.

Jim

1990 Black ZR-1 - sold
1993 Quasar Blue ZR-1
1994 Competition Yellow ZR-1
1995 Dark Purple ZR-1

Maryland State Coordinator
WAZOO Member
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #5
FU

Waht I'm trying to get across here is that I do no like the way that our government is treating the very people that REALLY protect the way of life in our Country. Note that I'm not saying anything about the ball washing politicians in Washington (Disgraceful).
As far as the liberals go..... they are back with a vengeance. We should have beat the pizz out of them in the 60's. Oh wait we did

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009   #6
1990 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU2 View Post
Waht I'm trying to get across here is that I do no like the way that our government is treating the very people that REALLY protect the way of life in our Country. Note that I'm not saying anything about the ball washing politicians in Washington (Disgraceful).
As far as the liberals go..... they are back with a vengeance. We should have beat the pizz out of them in the 60's. Oh wait we did
I couldn't agree more with you. Aren't those ball washing politicians in washington the ones who run the government? The saddest fact is that the Oval Office is being occupied by the self proclaimed savior of the country who appears to plan on spending more many than the US treasury is capable of printing.
The returning servicemen deserve the hero's welcome that was given to the GIs after WWII. Do you think reinstituting the draft might make the liberals appreciate the sacrifice made by the soldiers? Probably not, they would all flee the US and hide in Canada again. On second thought don't bring back the draft, I don't want to have all those damn liberals around me up here. There are enough of them already here.
1990 415 is offline   Reply With Quote