ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 06-18-2007   #1
zr-1assassin

Default hesitation ???

im getting a bit of a hesitation i guess is how you would explain it. when the car is at idle, and you floor the gas, it seems to stumble for about a second and then shoots back up. its like its going to die for just a split second. the rpm's actualy go down when you floor it and then right back up. i have tried pressing the gas pedal slowly to raise the rpm's and it does it with no problem??? this is in neutral or in gear taking off it does it. just started this a bout a week ago. anyone incounter this? any ideas where to look?
zr-1assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #2
zr-1assassin

Default Re: hesitation ???

just went down and was tinkering with it a bit. i had the hood up this time and was flooring it from idle and its still doing it, with a little backfire to boot. and i can realy smell its running rich. there is a heavy gas smell on the exhaust??? i have a haibeck chip and i thought that laened out the f/a mixture??
Old 06-18-2007   #3
GrayZ

my guess, injector's leaking.
not the greatest of news.
Are yours original?
either replace em soon.
or just....kill yourself.
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #4
zr-1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITLGO2
my guess, injector's leaking.
not the greatest of news.
Are yours original?
either replace em soon.
or just....kill yourself.
that would be my first guess too, but the injectors (ALL 16) were just replaced about a year ago with RC. and if it is the injectors.......i will kill myself $$$$
Old 06-18-2007   #5
Jeffvette

Think about checking your plugs.
Old 06-18-2007   #6
zr-1assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffvette
Think about checking your plugs.
just changed the plugs about two months ago...... it does still have the factory wires, with 36K on the clock. do you think the wires could be bad? i have a new set of acdelco's, just havent put them on because the plenum removal seems like a hell of a job. the local general wants $300 to change them and that just seems like so much i talked myself into trying it myself some day.
Old 06-18-2007   #7
cvette

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr-1assassin
just changed the plugs about two months ago...... it does still have the factory wires, with 36K on the clock. do you think the wires could be bad? i have a new set of acdelco's, just havent put them on because the plenum removal seems like a hell of a job. the local general wants $300 to change them and that just seems like so much i talked myself into trying it myself some day.
It's not that big of a deal to pull the plenum. A wire change should only take about an hour! I'm booked this weekend but maybe next I can find my way to Joe town. I need to run to Maryville anyway to check the farm house!

Just for the heck of it reach behind the plenum and make sure the vac lines are still attached to the fuel pressre regulator and the map sensor.
I have seen backfires blow these lines off.

Charlie
cvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #8
tomtom72

I'm with the "check the wires" camp. Only because I swapped my OEM's out when I did my injectors. The car only had like 10K on it but the stuff was 16 yrs old. I don't know that time has much to do with wear on wires but ya never know. I'd ohm them suckers up just to be sure anyway....never hurts to be sure?

Another random thought crossed my mind. Could the TPS have a hand in the hesitation? I'm thinking that it's a rehostat type sender and what if it gets something funky on the continous contact? Maybe throw the scanner on her and see what's up with the signal???

Good luck with this!
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #9
ArcticZR1

I have the same problem on my 91' I have no idea what it is either. Please post your outcome...that would be a major help. My car smells like it's running really rich after I put my B&B on. No chip...stone stock.
91' White/Red #858
ArcticZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007   #10
BBBAD94ZR1

I would take a look at the plugs and the gap, my cars did the same thing it was the plugs and the proper gap I used Ngk Irid. problems gone......
RAY

Last edited by BBBAD94ZR1; 06-19-2007 at 11:23 AM.
BBBAD94ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote