ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-01-2020   #1
9T1 Red ZR1

Default Billy Boat Exhaust

Hello,
I wanted to let everyone know of my experience with Billy Boat. I have the Fusion system on my ZR-1 (vacuum operated dual mode mufflers). I have had it for about 4 years and I really like it. I had one of the vacuum actuators go bad. I took it apart and found the diaphragm had split. I contacted them to buy a new part and Bill emailed me asking for my address. He sent me two new diaphragms for free. I am very happy to see someone stand behind their product without even being asked.

Bill
Old 08-02-2020   #2
Top Toy

Default Re: Billy Boat Exhaust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T1 Red ZR1 View Post
Hello,
I wanted to let everyone know of my experience with Billy Boat. I have the Fusion system on my ZR-1 (vacuum operated dual mode mufflers). I have had it for about 4 years and I really like it. I had one of the vacuum actuators go bad. I took it apart and found the diaphragm had split. I contacted them to buy a new part and Bill emailed me asking for my address. He sent me two new diaphragms for free. I am very happy to see someone stand behind their product without even being asked.

[emoji106]

Bill
Billy builds a great exhaust system and does stand behind them.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020   #3
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9T1 Red ZR1 View Post
Hello,

Bill
Does it drone with the (vacuum) gates closed?
What is the inlet pipe diameter, an does it narrow (choke) to a smaller diameter immediately after entering the mufflers?

I'm interested in upgrading my mufflers and the FUSION system is "on the plate" at the moment!

Thanks in advance!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020   #4
9T1 Red ZR1

Hello,
I bought the Fusion axle back system for the 90-96 Corvette back in 2016. I think it is a 3 inch inlet. I had a custom exhaust place install them for me because they had to stretch the inlet of the Fusion system to fit my exhaust. I have Stainless Works headers going to an OBX system. I had them cut off the OBX mufflers and install the Fusion axle back system. I don't have any drone with this set-up. Another member posted pictures of their Fusion system and it looks different from mine. The one I have looks like a regular full size muffler with the valve on one tip of the output. I really like mine and you can really hear the difference between open and closed. I hope this helps.

Bill
Old 08-12-2020   #5
Top Toy

Paul - the Fusion system does not drone, whether the valves are open or closed. It also does not neck down. Valved side is straight thru and very aggressive sound.
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020   #6
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Toy View Post
Paul - the Fusion system does not drone, whether the valves are open or closed. It also does not neck down. Valved side is straight thru and very aggressive sound.
Prrrrrrfect!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote