ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-05-2007   #1
moesvette

Default Flashing SYS light???

I went to start my 90 the other day, and battery was too low........charged it and it is holding fine, but I have a flashing SYS light, which I assume is from the low battery charge. I figured once the charge came up the light would stop......do I need to do something else? It seems to run fine, other than the flashing SYS. I did not clean the terminals......maybe the problem?
Thanks as always for any help.
Old 03-05-2007   #2
Peaven

Default Re: Flashing SYS light???

You probably want to check the cables to make sure they're tight and check for corrosion around the battery posts as well...also might try disconnecting the negative cable for a bit, that may clear a flashing SYS error. Other than that, it may just be a weak battery...one other thing, drive it a few times before you give up on the battery. I seem to remember that it may take 3 or so on/off cycles to reset the SYS message.

Wichita, eh? That's where i picked up my blue `94 last year...WydglydJim over on cf is also from Wichita, he has a blue `90...
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD

Last edited by Peaven; 03-05-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007   #3
Jeffvette

Follow the procedure in the service manual to access the codes in the CCM and go from there. Sometimes it will take a while for the SYS light to go out on a car that hasn't been driven in a while. It took about 90 miles to happen on a car I"m currently working on.
Old 03-05-2007   #4
moesvette

Thanks guys. Will double check condition of the terminals........new battery last year, so hopefully okay. Yea, Wichita.......we call it Doo Dah! Have run into the other Blue ZR-1 at a couple local shows, and have another member in our Southwinds Corvette Club that bought a 90 Quasar Blue last year. Several of us around locally.

Looking to change out Injectors this year. Is RC engineering still the injector of choice?
Old 03-05-2007   #5
tccrab

Quote:
Originally Posted by moesvette
Thanks guys. Will double check condition of the terminals........new battery last year, so hopefully okay. Yea, Wichita.......we call it Doo Dah! Have run into the other Blue ZR-1 at a couple local shows, and have another member in our Southwinds Corvette Club that bought a 90 Quasar Blue last year. Several of us around locally.

Looking to change out Injectors this year. Is RC engineering still the injector of choice?
I put a set of Accel injectors in my '90 last fall, can't be happier. Both performance and price wise. Accels cost about half as much as the RC's.

TomC
'90ZR1 #792
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote