ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-07-2016   #1
oricale

Default Look at this unruly thing!!!!!

After new injectors, a few vacuum repairs, a couple of head (sec delete) plugs found popped...we got to finally dyno this thing..........EVEN WITH HOOSIERS@16PSI the wheels can't get traction.! HOOSIERS@16PSI....CAN NOT KEEP FROM SPINNIN![emoji23] [emoji23] https://vimeo.com/194756901

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
[B][I][COLOR=red]1990 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00077 [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] (10Y022 PEP CAR)
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1991 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00517 ("Irene")[COLOR=red]WHITE[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED-SOLD:cry:[/COLOR] [B][/B]
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1992 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00445("The Revenant")[COLOR=red][COLOR="Black"]BLACK [/COLOR][/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED(2016 T.O.D!) [/COLOR] [/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2009 [COLOR=red]Z06!![COLOR=black]BLK/BLK rare Linen interior[/COLOR] 707HP!![/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2006[/COLOR] BLK/BLK Z51 (Just SICK FAST!)SOLD)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1996 BLK/BLK LT4 Grnsprt(sold...Twice!)[/I][/B]
[B][I]1991 RED/REDL98(Fell off the shipping truck:([/I][/B]
[B][I]1980 BLK/RED L82(Sold)[/I][/B]
[B][I][B][I]1990[/I][/B] RED/BLK(sold.....In Japan)[/I][/B]
[I][COLOR=black][B][I]2006[/I][/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=red]Mustang GT[/COLOR] ([B][I]mach 1[/I][/B])[B](sold)[/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1(sold in Japan)[/I][/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1#2(sold)[/I][/B]

[B][I]WAZOO Member...[/I][/B]

[url]www.evolution-motorsport.com[/url]

facebook/evolutionmotorsportengineering

Your Local [url]www.Amsoil.com[/url] dealer/user..

*Victory Loves Preparation*

Last edited by oricale; 12-08-2016 at 03:29 PM.
oricale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016   #2
billschroeder5842

Default Re: Look at this unruly thing!!!!!

Too much is never enough

1991 Corvette ZR1 #1388
2015 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker

billschroeder5842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016   #3
edram454

strange... I have seen cars with over 2000 horsepower not spin its tires on a dyno... something is not set up correctly.. I am quite sure this car is nowhere close to 2000 rwhp..right? good luck with it.

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016   #4
oricale

No, it's not 2000 HP😅. But the Dyno is setup correctly. We have seen 3 cars in the last six months do it(other two cars were turbo's). However the lightness of the car vs the friction coefficient can cause this to happen....you don't need 2000 hp😉

[B][I][COLOR=red]1990 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00077 [COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED[/COLOR] (10Y022 PEP CAR)
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1991 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00517 ("Irene")[COLOR=red]WHITE[/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED-SOLD:cry:[/COLOR] [B][/B]
[/U][/COLOR][/I][/B][B][I][COLOR=red]1992 ZR1[/COLOR][COLOR=black] [U]#00445("The Revenant")[COLOR=red][COLOR="Black"]BLACK [/COLOR][/COLOR]/[COLOR=red]RED(2016 T.O.D!) [/COLOR] [/U][/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][I][COLOR=red]2009 [COLOR=red]Z06!![COLOR=black]BLK/BLK rare Linen interior[/COLOR] 707HP!![/COLOR] [/COLOR][/I][/B]
[I][COLOR=black][B][I]2006[/I][/B][/COLOR][/I] [COLOR=red]Mustang GT[/COLOR] ([B][I]mach 1[/I][/B])[B](sold)[/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1(sold in Japan)[/I][/B]
[COLOR=black][B][I]1969[/I][/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red]Mach[/COLOR] [B][I]1#2(sold)[/I][/B]

Old 12-08-2016   #5
Fully Vetted

Do tell... So, what's the set up on that beast?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2016   #6
oricale

It's a customer car. 391..fully.forged bottom end, JE pistons, completely ported at 36+mm and built by Lingenfelter. Ron can speak much more about it he is the proud owner....we absolutely love this car though 😎😍....BTW this car SHIFTS at 8000RPM!. And is one of the featured cars in an upcoming un-named documentary🖒

Old 12-08-2016   #7
rkreigh

The Lingenfelter Special Vehicle (LSV) is a 390 ci with titanium rods, custom billet crank, forged pistons, bifurcation ported intake (LPE cut in half, ported, welded back), big valves, stage II cams, ti retainers, conservatively ported heads (a bit more room there).

John L lavished a bit more attention on this car as it was previously owned by Larry Merow the prior ZR-1 club prez. The durability and performance of this car is certainly one of the "pinnacle products" from LPE which represented the state of the art build along with the 402 and 415 strokers.

The 390 represents a very reasonable rod angle which reduces the side loading and theoretically leads to a longer lasting engine. In that respect the LPE LSV continues to deliver the goods even after 96000 miles on the clock.

I remember like it was yesterday, the day I picked it up. Larry Merow and Phil DeJohn picked me up at the airport and we toured Vette Dr and Phil's garage which was spectacular with rare muscle cars Callaway and LPE ZR-1s, and more rare vehicles than I ever could have imagined. The whole shop was lined with 4 post lifts to allow stacking the treasured rides, and indeed Phil had some amazing cars.

We continued to Larry's house and he took me for the ride of my life to make sure I knew what the LSV could do. Poor Sue cried as I was leaving as the memories with this car are just the best. I know am fortunate enough to continue them.

The LSV has probably made 25+ trips to BG as Larry and I hosted the ZR-1 club events. I was very proud to host the 2010 gathering where we head what the 24 run was really all about first hand from the drivers.

Car pulls 11.43 at 129. The LSV would dip 10's with traction, and now with the banski rods and perhaps a fresh set of balonies 10s would finally arrive. The MPH shows the power is clearly there to do it It pulls like a freight train with fresh viper 4.10s.

Thanks Demps for some fresh lungs to let the beast roar.
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016   #8
dredgeguy

One thing to remember, you have high performance summer tires and the temps have been dropping in MD and VA and the tires loose their grip. Might be part of the slipping issue.
Just my 2 cents worth.

1992 Bright Red/Black ZR1 #246
Dana 4:10 gears
Polished LT5 by Haibeck
Polished Fikse FM5's with Michelin Pilot Sport 2
Stainless Works headers and cats with Corsa
dredgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote