ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-13-2014   #1
5ABI VT

Default Question about dipstick seating on the dipstick tube after header install.

My handle feels loose and is off the tube when I check it. The seal is good at the bottom of the tube I ordered a new one from Jerry as well but didn't replace it yet as the one on there seems fine and wasn't hard or brittle and there's no oil around that area (I think I'll change it anyways).

Question is .. Is there a seal or O-ring for the dipstick at the top to seat it on the tube ? After the headers I did have to slightly bend the tube to line up with a header bolt and the tube does slide in relatively easy but won't sit snug. I'd Imagine this wouldn't be a good thing to have it venting/ not sealing.

Any thoughts are appreciated !!
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014   #2
secondchance

Default Re: Question about dipstick seating on the dipstick tube after header install.

LT5 during a high rpm run creates quite a bit of crankcase pressure and this pressure can push the dip stick up. You might want to bend the stick a little bit to increase friction between the tube and the metal stick. Mine use to push up about 3/8" after a day of brisk driving.
BTW I have been following your post on the other forum - great stuff!!!
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote