ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-20-2013   #1
Schrade

Default Fog lamp access?

ed.:
My front end is '91 - '95
FSM says 'Front Bumper Fascia Energy Absorber' has to come off, for lens assembly removal...
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Where's the hole?

Where is the hole for the fog lamp socket, in relation to the little access hole? Towards the outboard? Inboard? Upward? Downward? Judging by the angle in the connector wire, it's to the right there. I think a laser-guided smart snake couldn't get in there...

Any tricks - or an easy way to access this thing, for cleaning? How does the lens come out?

And this Owner's Manual snappic? What it that? A leg???

Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM7137.jpg (88.8 KB, 63 views)
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 09-20-2013 at 06:29 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #2
scottfab

Default Re: Fog lamp access?

Hmmm no replies?
I'm wanting to get mine out too for cleaning.
Great pic of the secondary vacuum pump.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #3
XfireZ51

The 91-95 have access panel under bumper fascia for fog lamps.
90's are from the back.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #4
secondchance

There are access doors (one on each side) under side of the bumper held in place w/ 7mm hex.
secondchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #5
RodB

Ok. Just so you think your posts aren't read. I suspect the arm in question belongs to Gordon K as he did most of the C4 manuals. Maybe he will autograph the page for you! As far as my 90 the bumper cover needs to be removed to get to the lens. It the bulb is removable as the picture shows from under the hood. Follow the wires and you have to turn the grommet 1/4 turn and pull it out. It is on a stem about 5" long and there isn't much room to pull it out. The bulb is on the end if the stem. Reassembly is reversed but be sure the bulb seats and twists that 1/4 turn. If not the bulb will just lay in the plastic tube and melt the mounting tabs and will require replacement of the lens assembly. Don't ask how I know but believe me, it will happen!
RodB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #6
secondchance

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodB View Post
Ok. Just so you think your posts aren't read. I suspect the arm in question belongs to Gordon K as he did most of the C4 manuals. Maybe he will autograph the page for you! As far as my 90 the bumper cover needs to be removed to get to the lens. It the bulb is removable as the picture shows from under the hood. Follow the wires and you have to turn the grommet 1/4 turn and pull it out. It is on a stem about 5" long and there isn't much room to pull it out. The bulb is on the end if the stem. Reassembly is reversed but be sure the bulb seats and twists that 1/4 turn. If not the bulb will just lay in the plastic tube and melt the mounting tabs and will require replacement of the lens assembly. Don't ask how I know but believe me, it will happen!
I know about early bumper and turn signal/fog lamp lense. I had to replace one on my 84. Good thing it was a hot day.
Old 09-21-2013   #7
geezer

Schrade: If you want to clean the lens pull the bulb and use a 1/4 in. (or less) bottle brush. If you pull the air cleaner duct it provides a little more room & line of sight.
geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #8
We Gone

Unfortunately the only way to completely remove the fog lamp assembly is to remove the bumper cover. The access panel is to change the bulbs. The cover is not that hard to remove just a lot of hardware and takes two people to do it right and not scratch anything up.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #9
ghlkal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
And this Owner's Manual snappic? What it that? A leg???

LOL ... OK, now that's funny. It does look like it, doesn't it? But I know Gordon doesn't have legs that small.
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013   #10
secondchance

If you are wanting to clean the inside of the housing, even removed, won't be easy. May have to separate the lens from the housing.