ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-02-2013   #1
PhillipsLT5

Default Collector Car Appreciation

The U.S. Senate passed Senate Resolution 176 (S. Res. 176) designating July 12, 2013 as “Collector Car Appreciation Day.” The resolution was requested by the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) and its Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) and Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA) Councils. The date marks the fourth commemoration in what has become an annual event to celebrate and raise awareness of the vital role automotive restoration and collection plays in American society.
As with the previous three resolutions, S. Res. 176 was sponsored by Congressional Automotive Performance and Motorsports Caucus Co-Chairs Senator Jon Tester (D-MT) and Senator Richard Burr (R-NC). Senators Tester and Burr are strong advocates for the automotive hobby in Washington, and S. Res. 176 reaffirms their understanding of the cultural importance of collector cars. The Caucus is an informal, non-partisan member organization that pays tribute to America’s ever growing love affair with the car and motorsports.
“We again thank the U.S. Senate for the continuing recognition of the collector car hobby as a strong American tradition and pastime,” said SEMA Vice President of Government Affairs Steve McDonald. “With Australia and Canada joining the mix, Collector Car Appreciation Day has now become an international recognition of the collector car industry and the millions of hobbyists it supports. The collector car industry helps preserve our unique American automotive heritage while contributing to the economy by providing high-skilled, well-paying jobs.” This year, many states and local governments have adopted similar commemorations to mark this celebration.
Alex Tainsh, Chairman of SEMA’s Automotive Restoration Market Organization (ARMO) Council said, “Collector Car Appreciation Day is the opportunity for everyone involved in this great American hobby to show off their cars and celebrate new traditions. Businesses and car clubs across the country will be hosting car shows and cruises. More events are being held to commemorate this special day each year.”
All automotive enthusiasts are encouraged to take part in this year’s celebration by planning or attending events in their community. Through its grassroots hobbyist organization, the SEMA Action Network (SAN), SEMA is maintaining a list of scheduled events to commemorate the day at www.semasan.com. Individuals, car clubs and business owners interested in publicizing events should contact SAN Director Colby Martin at 909/978-6721 or san@sema.org. If you are unable to celebrate on July 12, SAN encourages events to be scheduled throughout the month of July.
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #2
Z51JEFF

Default Re: Collector Car Appreciation

This is great,if we here in Ca only had somebody that would stick up for the car enthusiast instead of slowly killing the hobby one day at a time.If the people here in Ca dont wake up before too long there will be no collector car hobby here.I am a member of SAN and I strongly encourage anybody else to join,its free.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #3
Schrade

New legislation always bothers me.

Anyone read the bill? (other stuff is always included in bills, and it's usually opposition in some form or fashion)...

OP - got a link to the bill? Google search S. Res. 176 comes up with this:

SRES 176 IS

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

S. RES. 176

Expressing the sense of the Senate that the United States Postal Service should issue a semipostal stamp to support medical research relating to Alzheimer’s disease.

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

May 10, 2011

Ms. MIKULSKI submitted the following resolution; which was referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

RESOLUTION

Expressing the sense of the Senate that the United States Postal Service should issue a semipostal stamp to support medical research relating to Alzheimer’s disease.

Resolved, That it is the sense of the Senate that the United States Postal Service should, in accordance with section 416 of title 39, United States Code--

(1) issue a semipostal stamp to support medical research relating to Alzheimer’s disease; and

(2) transfer to the National Institutes of Health for that purpose any amounts becoming available from the sale of such stamp.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]

Last edited by Schrade; 07-02-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013   #4
Schrade

Now I'm getting this:

S. RES. 513 Designating July 9, 2010, as `Collector Car Appreciation Day' and recognizing that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.
IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES May 4, 2010

Mr. TESTER (for himself and Mr. BURR) submitted the following resolution; which was considered and agreed to
RESOLUTION Designating July 9, 2010, as `Collector Car Appreciation Day' and recognizing that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States.
Whereas many people in the United States maintain classic automobiles as a pastime and do so with great passion and as a means of individual expression;
Whereas the Senate recognizes the effect that the more than 100-year history of the automobile has had on the economic progress of the Nation and supports wholeheartedly all activities involved in the restoration and exhibition of classic automobiles;
Whereas collection, restoration, and preservation of automobiles is an activity shared across generations and across all segments of society;
Whereas thousands of local car clubs and related businesses have been instrumental in preserving a historic part of the heritage of this Nation by encouraging the restoration and exhibition of such vintage works of art;
Whereas automotive restoration provides well-paying, high-skilled jobs for people in all 50 States; and
Whereas automobiles have provided the inspiration for music, photography, cinema, fashion, and other artistic pursuits that have become part of the popular culture of the United States: Now therefore, be it
  • Resolved, That the Senate--
    • (1) designates July 9, 2010, as `Collector Car Appreciation Day';
    • (2) recognizes that the collection and restoration of historic and classic cars is an important part of preserving the technological achievements and cultural heritage of the United States;
    • (3) encourages the Department of Education, the Department of Transportation, and other Federal agencies to support events and commemorations of `Collector Car Appreciation Day', including exhibitions and educational and cultural activities for young people; and
    • (4) encourages the people of the United States to engage in events and commemorations of `Collector Car Appreciation Day' that create opportunities for collector car owners to educate young people on the importance of preserving the cultural heritage of the United States, including through the collection and restoration of collector cars.
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013   #5
ghlkal

Just FYI ... A simple resolution isn't a bill and doesn't become law.

simple resolution - Designated "S. Res.," simple resolutions are used to express nonbinding positions of the Senate or to deal with the Senate's internal affairs, such as the creation of a special committee. They do not require action by the House of Representatives. (http://www.senate.gov/reference/glos...resolution.htm)
ghlkal is offline   Reply With Quote