ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 05-14-2006   #1
WB9MCW

Thumbs up 2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept

The Chevrolet 2000 Camaro ZL1 car is one hell of a machine...it does 9.55@144 mph on a 1/4 mile, displaces 9504 cc's, and will hit 100 in 6.8 seconds. Anyone who wants to put another turbo on a CL65 AMG that costs $150000+ is lacking a thing called common sense (by the way "pretty boy" it has a v12 ...
slayervenom007's full review

This Chevrolet 2000 Camaro ZL1 is awesome to say the least. I would buy one in an instant if I could. I have driven one and the car rides and drives like a dream. When your foot goes to the floor it feels like nothing else in the world. The 9.3L engine is a little too big for the car but it stil ...
camaroguy131's full review

This is one of the most nefarious cars out there. It is high powered and looks good,it may not be not that luxurious, but usually street cars arent made for luxury more for high power and torque. With 770hp and 950 Nm torque this car is a true American muscle car. The 1969 camaro ZL1 is nice too, bu ...
Matt Tanksley.'s full review

This car is the definition of American Muscle. Not only does this car accelerate like a mother, but its a demon on the track. This car deserves only the best of praises. Oh and by the way, you can't buy it, it is a concept. There's only one, and no plans exist to build it in mass production. Ma ...
slush-man.'s full review

The Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 does 0-60 mph in 3 seconds. Has a top speed of about 370 kph and a 8.4 L, 572 CI V8 engine. Poor Fuel economy comes as a result of high engine displacement of 8.4L. The first time I drove it, I was very surprised that the chassis could handle the amount of raw horsepower, wh ...
Hyper_Blaster.'s full review

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews-all-3150.html

Does anyone know what the fastest car is?
I heard that the record was recently broken for the fastest car in the world. If anyone knows or finds links about the fastest car then please respond! Thanks!

new postings

Posted by David David Fri Apr 13 , 2001
If the question is really "what is the fastest production car," For those still taking Sledgehammer. I'd like to quote Reeves Callaway. He says, "of course the Sledgehammer is not a production car, but it shows in a spectacular manner our technical capabilities and proves an 880 hp sports car may be used in a day-to-day manner, similar to any other Corvette."(http://www.callawaycars.com/Corvette...er_article.htm) Maybe somebody can get Callaway to tell us if even a second Sledgehammer was ever built, so they can claim it was a production car. Less than ten would make me skeptical, though. Furthermore, the Banks T/A was offered for sale at up to 1100HP and many from 500 to 750 HP were built, so I'd consider that production if Sledgehammer achieved production status. Based on HP figures I'd say Sledgehammer would be left behind in top speed by the 1100HP model. I haven't found documented evidence of the top speeds of his lesser cars, but here is a quote from Banks' site that talks about HIS Sledgehammer-equivalent T/A:'Having created the power for numerous land-speed and marine national and world champions, the name Gale Banks has earned legendary status in endurance racing. Banks Engineering owns the current records for World's Fastest Pickup Truck and World's Fastest Piston-engine Automobile. For 10 years, Banks held the unbroken record for World's Fastest Passenger Car, an 1800-hp twin-turbo Firebird that blistered the Bonneville Salt Flats in 1987 and took the championship. This "stock-body door-slammer with optional tilt-wheel, power windows and AM-FM with cassette" ran 287 miles an hour, burning nothing but straight gasoline.' (http://www.bankspower.com/Bio.cfm) Now if your talking street legal, you gotta say what street. Remember, the Z06 is not street legal in Europe. The McLaren isn't street legal most places, but maybe nobody would bother you with that after they calculated the speeding fine. Check out the Pro Street Nationals at Orlando Speed World for U.S. street legal cars that go fast AND quick. Posted by Cody Sun Apr 1 15:34:56 2001
hat the hell are people talking about!? The McLaren is NOT the fastest. It's the Corvette Sledgehammer. And I'm pretty sure the Dauer 1994 962 LeMans is the fastest 0-20 time. I think it's 2.9 sec. About the McLaren, it is one of the fastest. And that moron who said it's 300+ mph, what the hell are you smoking!? If so, it'd be faster than a damn top fuel dragster. It goes about 240 mph! Also, there's no chance in hell that the Lamborghini Diablo VTTT can go above 230. It goes about 220. Jon: there os no such thing as a McLaren F1 GTR Longtail. There's a McLaren F1 GTR, but no Longtail. Posted by The СÑGø Dingosden_AT_hotmail_DoT_com Fri Mar 30 17:21:10 2001
Ok lets clear things up... first... READ below!! your posting cars that are below what others are :P ok here I go...
Ford RS200 Evo has the fastest 0-60 of production cars...
Koenigsegg CC is NOT the fastest car... its just fast... made by a good company (check out the 1985 Ferrari Koenig Competition Evolution *drool* a nice gas guzzling 1k Bhp :P now thats a car!)
Diablo VTTT is not the fastest... its top is 222 Mph (358 Km/h) production. You can tweak it up another 100 bhp (but that makes it not production and that still doesnt make it the fastest(by far).
as for Andre's modified Nissan sunny ... its not a production car! hehe read the question.
back to Lamborghini... the Canto does in the 240's... but that doesnt make it the fastest ... youll see
The ford lightning *drool* IS the fastest production truck... but not the fastest car
now the Vector Avtech WX-3 is a fast car... it can do an increadible 249mph... anyway... its not the fastest
now the 1994 Dauer 962 LeMans was a fast car indeed! man.. with a sweet 250.0 mph (402.3 kph) ... not the fastest.
now this TVR Speed 12... is about the 1995 McLaren F1 LM (the fastest mclaren...but mclarens arent the fastest!!!!! :P) they only gets up to 240mph
no... the Hennessey Viper Venom isnt the fastest... its pretty fast tho... with a top speed of 225-230mph
ok so you are probably bored to death with all these slow cars... lets get to the fastest... as many of you said (and many dont beleive)
the 1988 Chevrolet Sledgehammer Corvette made by Callaway is the fastest PRODUCTION car. and suprisingly the production model (the model they tested the speed on) doesnt even have that good of a cam? and you could easily add another 150 hp to the car!! anyway... its top is 254.7mph (409.9kph) (its only got the 0-60 of 3.9 tho)
did that clear things up? it better... so now you can stop dickering
PS here is a picture of one of thise vettes at a car show... this is the nicest body I found they had. http://nofo.bizland.com/c3/gallery1/gmp5.html Posted by dan Fri Mar 30 02:57:47 2001
the corvett callaway c4 sleghammer is capable of 257.8 mph out of show room so stop craping on about mclaren f1s becouse they are slow get that slow

http://www.a-car.com/fastn/fastn.html
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 05-14-2006 at 12:16 AM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote