ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 01-10-2012   #1
Torchred96

Default List of parts needed to finish my Lt5

I had my IH's powder coated and prematurely threw away the O-rings that seal the at the top of the injectors..they're the ones that stay in the IH when you pull the rails. I will be using the Accel injectors and mistakenly thought that there were two O-rings on each injector, so I discarded the old ones. Lesson learned.

So, here is a list of things I need to finish it up:
-----------------------------------------------
1: The above mentioned 8 Large O-rings. I'm not sure which ones to buy from Jerry's site..can you point me to a part number?
2: 8 ss coolant bolts and special washers and 2 coolant pipe gaskets. I only found the black ones and I wanted to put SS
3: Throttle body to plenum gasket.
4: Pcv hose-the one that connects to the BIG END of the pcv valves --actually I will probably look for an alternative way of mounting those Pcv valves...any ideas..trying not to spend a fortune on an OEM part.

Various temporary vacuum plugs until I can pull the plenum again and thread the holes.

That should be about it..

Thanks for you help

Last edited by Torchred96; 01-10-2012 at 01:33 AM.
Torchred96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #2
Torchred96

Default Re: List of parts needed to finish my Lt5

found this by Jim Blanchard Looks like I'll be building my own Pcv holder:

http://www.jkblanchard.com/zr1/PCV/PCV.html
Old 01-10-2012   #3
XfireZ51

Torch,

I have a complete PCV hose assembly and just a lower F/S at very reasonable prices.
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16403

Last edited by XfireZ51; 01-10-2012 at 08:07 AM.
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #4
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchred96 View Post
I had my IH's powder coated and prematurely threw away the O-rings that seal the at the top of the injectors..they're the ones that stay in the IH when you pull the rails. I will be using the Accel injectors and mistakenly thought that there were two O-rings on each injector, so I discarded the old ones. Lesson learned.

So, here is a list of things I need to finish it up:
-----------------------------------------------
1: The above mentioned 8 Large O-rings. I'm not sure which ones to buy from Jerry's site..can you point me to a part number?
2: 8 ss coolant bolts and special washers and 2 coolant pipe gaskets. I only found the black ones and I wanted to put SS
3: Throttle body to plenum gasket.
4: Pcv hose-the one that connects to the BIG END of the pcv valves --actually I will probably look for an alternative way of mounting those Pcv valves...any ideas..trying not to spend a fortune on an OEM part.

Various temporary vacuum plugs until I can pull the plenum again and thread the holes.

That should be about it..

Thanks for you help
I read about everyone plugging the vacuum lines on the plenum and IH what is the reasoning behind this?
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012   #5
Torchred96

Thanks DYNOMITE!. I ordered all the gaskets etc from Jerry for a grand total of around 50 bucks.

Then I went to summit and looked at the seals, which appear to be 6 dollars for 2? Does this seem correct? Since I need 8 total, that's $24 plus shipping. I'm looking at part number EAR-178004ERL which states aluminum Oring pr. Which I assume means two?, and since they probably aren't reusable, I will have to buy them again in a few weeks when I PC the cam covers.

Is there an alternative? Or am I misreading this. I hope I'm not coming off as a penny pincher, I'm just trying to be reasonable...plus I don't want to order the wrong parts.

Last edited by Torchred96; 01-10-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-10-2012   #6
Torchred96

Cvette. I'm sorry, I meant one vacuum plug and I believe there are a few other coolant plugs

The vacuum hose on the driver side middle was for the secondary port throttle plates which I removed, so I will either tap and plug it or do the same thing...put a hose on it to make it look stock and just plug the hose under the plenum.

As Per Dynomite:

"Eliminating Throttle Body (TB) Coolant system."

"Install 1/8 inch allen head pipe plugs two each side of Plenum (Two each TB Coolant and Injector Housing (IH) Coolant) as shown (The associated two IH coolant ports in the IH can also be plugged on each side). The 5th plug (Plenum Vacuum) is for Plenum Vacuum drivers side only which was connected to the vacuum reservoir. Remove hose and tubing left and right side of plenum, plug hose return to coolant tank passenger side. "

Last edited by Torchred96; 01-10-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2012   #7
Torchred96

Dynomite, those Orings are the ones i THOUGHT I needed, but what confused me was the description on the site (copied below) which says LOWER o-ring....to me, it seems like it would be the UPPER. (Arent there two different sizes on the business end of the injector? Of course, now that I read it again it makes perfect sense...they are lower in relation to the ones that go into the fuel rail. duh.

Lower Primary Fuel Injector Seal Set. Fits 90~92 ZR-1 LT5. Eight (8) seals are required. Sold by the set of 8 only. Not sold individually.
This o-ring is located inside the injector housing, for the primary injectors only. Buna-N 70 material.
Old 01-11-2012   #8
Torchred96

Okay, that's better..still not great, but swallowable. Pegasusautoracing.com right around a buck a piece. I'll think I'll be checking those guys out when I pc the cam covers.

Dyomite much thanks for that awesome sticky. I've referred to it many times throughout this process.
Old 01-12-2012   #9
carter200

Don't forget to have the coolant pipes engraved "after" PC'ing and adding a billet throttle body plate for good measure and for a non-leaker.

PM me for info if needed.

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012   #10
Torchred96

That's purrty! Very similar to what I envision mine to be...someday. Soon as I get the cash