ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-20-2011   #1
Tang

Default New Member

Hello all! I have been doing some research on ZR-1's and came across this site about a month ago. I've spent so much time here looking at all of the information you have, I figured it was time to go ahead and register. I think this is the most well put together site/forum for any specific vehicle I've seen on the web. I'm hoping to make my garage home to a 94-95 ZR-1 in the next 6 to 8 months. This site is making me feel a lot better about making an educated decision when that time comes, and I'm sure I'll be reaching out to many of you when I begin to narrow down my search.

To give a little history on myself, I've been a fan of C4 corvettes including the ZR-1 since I was 10 years old. I actually went another route for my last six vehicles by purchasing, working on, and racing F-bodys. I sold my last one (a 2002 Trans-Am WS6) a couple of years ago when my wife and I purchased our first house. The purchase of another car was put on hold when we decided to have our first child. My daughter was born almost a year ago now, and I've finally decided to begin looking at what my next car will be. I hadn't considered it before, but the thought of owning a ZR-1 has me very excited. It's almost like having a childhood dream realized!

Well, I won't drag on any longer. Thanks to all that made this site what it is, and I look forward to talking with you all soon.

James Hadley
Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #2
Z Factor

Smile Re: New Member

Hello James, and welcome to the forum.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Theodore Roosevelt - April 23, 1910
Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #3
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Default Re: New Member

James,

You sound like a true enthusiast!!!!

When you are ready to purchase, post up and we can tell you what to look out for.

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #4
DaveK

Welcome James. I know exactly how you feel - I waited 17 years to get my Z and since getting one every time I see the car waiting for me I still have to smile!
1991 #1516 Black/Black

davidmkelly.com

"Speed is often confused with insight." - Johan Cruijff
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #5
Demps

Welcome James. The ZR-1 is an awesome car that commands a passionate following. There are faster, better technology, more fad-ish cars BUT there is only one LT5. Good luck!
Ted
Demps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011   #6
VetteMed

Glad to have you here, James. I owned a few f-bodies before getting into a C5, then a base C4, but the ZR-1 beats them all, by far. You won't regret it!
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #7
tccrab

James:

Welcome aboard.

Now that you've decided that you will be joining "The Brotherhood of the Beast", it's time to make the more serious decisions.
Modded or un-modded.
Low Mile Garage Queen or High Mile runner.
Red or Red. (well, Duh silly, Everybody knows that all Corvettes are Red)
NCRS or Daily Driver.
(BTW, 90's are the fastest)

There are a few cars available from current members.
Keith Moody has a superb example of a modded '90 that threatened to sell a few times.
It's got a polished Haibec 500 LT5 and every bell and whistle.
Rumor has it that if you offer him the right $$$ he will throw in lifetime free pizza and his favorite bartender from his pizza joint.

Bill Strowbridge up in Washington state has a '90 or a '91 low miles original car that he's offering at a very reasonable price.

At some point the 'ol Pirate himself (JVD are you listening?) was threatening to sell off "The Weekender", one of the 8 original Black Widow cars.
Rumor was he was asking a pirates ransom for it.
Go figure.

Brett Henderson has a '88 Prototype ZR1 that he's restoring, and I'm not sure it's for sale at any price. (I know I wouldn't sell it if it was mine....)

It doesn't matter if you buy it to drive it or to wax it.
Welcome to the Monkey house.

TomC
'Crabs
'90ZR1 #792
Honorary Pirate

[B]If it ain't FUN, you're doing something terribly WRONG.
[/B]

Last edited by tccrab; 06-21-2011 at 12:16 AM.
tccrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #8
tomtom72

Welcome to our corner of the asylum James!

I wish you luck in finding the ZR-1 that floats your boat. Just wait till you drive one, you will not be disappointed!

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #9
FU

Welcome aboard.

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011   #10
Hammer

Talking Re: New Member

Welcome to the Asylum. If you want a real animal, Frank's (FU) 91, with everything including a 1 of 1 Haibeck 440ci LT5 is for sale in the price range of a nice '94 or '95.

http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=14945
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote