ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 07-17-2008   #11
gbrtng

Default Re: Maryland Emissions Test Results

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
Jon (or whatever), I think it is pretty clear that the numbers from Cory's dyno are not directly comparable to numbers from other ones. I certainly don't mean this as a slight to Cory, as he seems like a stand-up guy and very friendly.

But either his dyno reads higher than most, or he miraculously has only worked on the "factory freak" cars that make crazy power from stock heads.
Simple explanation: We've got better air and more of it here in TX.
Old 07-17-2008   #12
HIZNHRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrtng
Simple explanation: We've got better air and more of it here in TX.
Having spent a good deal of time at Southwest Research in San Antonio over the past 3.5 years I have to agree.
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008   #13
HIZNHRZ

Quote:
Scott, the 370whp was at Tony's though, right? On the Superflow? Actually I thought you'd pulled more power than me at Tony's.
Yes and Yes. My numbers might have been higher but I can't find the dyno sheet from Tony's. I plan to get a copy from Tony and when I get around to it I'd like to run it on Tony's dyno again.

Quote:
Since we're talking dyno's now (sorry for the hijack though), you had alluded to comparing the B&B w/ x-pipe to the Corsa's you now have, saying the Corsa's made more power. Did you have Marc dyno it prior to the exhaust swap?
I got my information from Marc Haibeck. He is fairly adamant about his experience with B&B vs Corsa. Who am I to disagree? Marc pulled the exhaust and headers, removed the engine, performed his magic, and installed the headers and Corsa. I wanted him to dyno it before he started but we got our wires crossed. I agree it would have been good info but it would have been fairly expensive to have Marc re-install the B&B after he completed the engine work and dyno the car; and, then remove the B&B, install the Corsa and dyno it again.
Old 07-17-2008   #14
HIZNHRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by QB93Z
Congratulations. Nice numbers.

I am surprised to hear that they did visual inspection under your car and under the hood. They have never done that up here in Carroll County. It is interesting that they inspected but didn't notice the missing parts.

Did you get the top end powder coated while it was apart?

It is good to hear you are pleased with the result.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I was not surprised by the visual. They have what looks like a cane with a slanted mirror attached to the bottom they use to look for cats on all cars at the Gaithersburg emissions station. I was surprised by them asking to inspect the engine. I have only seen them ask someone to pull over to the stations supervisor office and inspect the engine one other time.

Yes, the engine was painted.
Old 07-18-2008   #15
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIZNHRZ
Thanks Jim. I was not surprised by the visual. They have what looks like a cane with a slanted mirror attached to the bottom they use to look for cats on all cars at the Gaithersburg emissions station. I was surprised by them asking to inspect the engine. I have only seen them ask someone to pull over to the stations supervisor office and inspect the engine one other time.

Yes, the engine was painted.
They must have picked you out for inspection because of the "I just got my top end done" perma-grin you had.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008   #16
RedSled

Thought I would update this thread when my emissions test came up. Here were my results today.

Hydrocarbons (HC) Carbon Monoxide (CO)
MD State Standard: 220 PPM 1.20 PCT
Inspection Reading: 37 PPM 0.21 PCT

Glad the car passed. Though my car is about 98% stock.

Several guys came out for a look. They were worried it would scrape going over the rollers. They only made me do the idle test and didn't pop the hood or otherwise inspect the car in any way. Must have been blinded by the shine. ;-)

Cheers, Keith

'90 Red/Red #1383
RedSled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #17
QB93Z

Keith,

Those are great numbers! The LT5 is a civilized performance machine.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008   #18
Pete

Guys 420 sounds good.
Minus 10 rwhp & rwtq for stock flywheel.
Minus another 8-10 rwhp for CATS.
Minus some for using 2 1/2" exhaust(ZR-1 stock 2 7/8") ,remember new C6 ZO6's make 450rwhp stock has 3" exhaust from the factory.

New B&B's are very restricted people have complained so much about the rasonance now my Cadi's stock exhaust will outflow B&B's

Your Z is withen the norm.

Pete
'91 #1635 PoloGreen 350 LT5
11.09 @ 129.27
11.04 @ 128.86
474RWHP 400RWTQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFNFOhGGlR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlRIOMwaDYY
https://sites.google.com/site/peteszr1garage
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote