ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-28-2006   #1
BBBAD94ZR1

Unhappy EXCITEMENT

We need some excitement around here . I love this site but I have to say it is getting boring . Im not pointing any fingers at anyone but we need to have some fun here.
Any ideas or new post ideas? Seems like less and less posts.
After all we have some of the baddest cars on the planet.
Ray
Old 04-28-2006   #2
Aurora40

Default Re: EXCITEMENT

Well, it takes people putting up interesting stuff. It doesn't help there are several other forums and a listserv competing for people.

It might help if more of the net reg ZR1 info was here too, sort of a total portal for ZR-1 info.

Here's a shot I took tonight. I got a new intake duct, it is much more pliable than the old one, and of course it is uniform in height whereas my old one is bowed in the middle. I put in the Haibeck duct supports and painted the claw hardware black:

Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #3
We Gone

I agree..But remember the other sites deal with all Vettes and a lot more owners..We are the Minority among Vettes.

1990 Steel Blue/Black #2355
1990 Red/Red #1473
1991 Quasar /Black #118 Sold
1991 Turquoise/Black #766 Parted Out
1993 Yellow/White #179 Sold
1990 Black/Gray #1361 Headers/4:10s Sold
We Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006   #4
WB9MCW

This is why we started the Babes section...so at least we have that to look at if things were slow...but as I wind down to the August (1 year date){still lookin 4 a person to hand it off too!!!}...I am afraid no one will want to take over at least on a daily type basis...and it will fade too...I think that it is too bad...I try to post vids and other things too and this is my favorite site (even over the one Corvz061 and I made on MySpace and my Corvette Mechanic site and the space on CV I got Z06Parrot to create) but I do agree that as it warms up the action is to drive the car and not so much talk here...I think it is because we are a nitch small group and the Net and the other ZR-1 hang out spots (CF,CAC, to name a few) detract as well. The merge of the Net makes the most sense and if that would happen and the CF and CAC all were here I think it would make all the difference! The real problem is that I truly think a lot of folks like the smaller groups because they become intimate with the regular posters and you have "clicks" that form...and that my friends is what keeps us divided in an "nitche" fairly small group to begin with!!! We can't really merge with the Z06 group (they won't/didn't) invite us too nor would we really want too. The only idea I do have is we have a great friend in Z06 Parrot (the owner of Corvette Valley) and his site has international membership and a diverse group of guys and gals and Parrot likes our group...but even if he did set up a special section for ZR-1 in his site(much larger than the current low volume one...and we all went there to post... our group I am afraid would become like CF and CAC just a small part of a larger site and loose the "nitche" appeal. So it "is what it is" a "special vette" with several hangout spots to chose from. If it is slow here then one has to go look elsewhere for the action...kinda like going bar hopping to find where the action is!!! I guess you guys might want to try "Corvette Valley" because it does have a ZR-1 section (pretty slow though like CAC, Crossed Flags and Corvette Mechanic) but the rest of the forum is cooking and lots of fun and I worked hard with Parrot to build a great GALLERY over there (my title he gave me is the Gallery King). Most of those guys and gals are a spin off of DC...a good example of when a site gets pretty large and some defect to do "their own thing"!!! The exact opposite problem we have here!!! The real solution is for MOM to shut down the Net and hope they migrate here and hope the extra volume attracts CF,CAC and the others to come to the "true home of the ZR-1" but I am afraid this will just never be because of the "click" nature of ZR-1 owners in the first place!!! JIMO...................
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Last edited by WB9MCW; 04-29-2006 at 12:00 PM.
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006   #5
Z Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBAD94ZR1
We need some excitement around here . I love this site but I have to say it is getting boring . Im not pointing any fingers at anyone but we need to have some fun here.
Any ideas or new post ideas? Seems like less and less posts.
After all we have some of the baddest cars on the planet.
Ray
Periodically we have this discussion, and the reasons seem to remain static.
I have a feeling we are dealing with two things that keeps our forum slower than CF's. First is that the forum is cyclical with heavy use (for us) at times, then very slow times. We had the most people online here just a few short months ago, but now we average a smaller number. As the weather gets better, or more events like BG are going on, things slow down here just as they do on CF. When everyone is cooped up things tend to pick up.

The other main reason things are slower here is due to many of the same members going to the CF ZR-1 section first because they feel there is more activity over there and they will get faster and/or more responses to their threads. I visit there as well, but have curtailed most of my posting to here where as others post there first with our forum being secondary. Some of our members have increased their posting here as opposed to CF and it has made a difference, but not enough of us have made this their primary and first forum to visit.
We have tried to do some things that CF does not such as contests with prizes, having a racing and babes section, added extra forum features and it has all helped to a degree. However until the majority of people that post in both forums makes this their first choice, we will remain in the same boat.

We are certainly open to ideas from anyone who thinks it will make the forum more interesting as long as we remain primarily a ZR-1 forum. We considered stopping the listserver, and Dave polled everyone with a majority wanting to keep both. The old saying of "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink" applies to that idea. Sure we would increase activity here, but some people who enjoy the listserver and do not like a forum format will not come here regardless. Conversely, there are members who do not like the listserver because of the volume of emails, or talking directly to others via an email format.

My short term suggestion is to link informative threads here to the other forums rather than directly responding in those other forums. Then when the person comes over here, have your discussion. I do that to a certain extent, especially with new ZR-1 owners that happen upon CF first and do not know about us. It works, and we have gotten some of our most active posters to come here that way.

We might consider consolidating some of the individual sections into the ZR-1 General section akin to what CF has if you all think it might help.

The suggestion box is open.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote