ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-17-2010   #1
Sgreg

Default Fikse/Kodiak Wheels

Has anyone received wheels from Fikse since Kodiak took them over ? I would be interested in knowing how quality is under the new ownership. I am two months in on my order and have not received my wheels.
Old 04-17-2010   #2
Aurora40

Default Re: Fikse/Kodiak Wheels

A friend bought probably the last set Fikse made. His fronts stuck out at least an inch, and it seemed like that would probably be that as Fikse went under.

Kodiak fixed his wheels for free, even though he's never bought anything from them.

So they seem to be pretty standup. Have they kept you updated on the status of your wheels?
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010   #3
Sgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
A friend bought probably the last set Fikse made. His fronts stuck out at least an inch, and it seemed like that would probably be that as Fikse went under.

Kodiak fixed his wheels for free, even though he's never bought anything from them.

So they seem to be pretty standup. Have they kept you updated on the status of your wheels?
Good to hear that news. A nice lady calls every Thursday to say they haven't gotten to my order yet. Unfortuanately, she doesn't have a clue when they will. Starts to get under you skin after 4 or 5 calls. If there is no information about an order and no one seems to know when they are going to produce your wheels, why bother to call and say it !! Begins to p--- you off after a while..
Old 04-17-2010   #4
-=Jeff=-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgreg View Post
Good to hear that news. A nice lady calls every Thursday to say they haven't gotten to my order yet. Unfortuanately, she doesn't have a clue when they will. Starts to get under you skin after 4 or 5 calls. If there is no information about an order and no one seems to know when they are going to produce your wheels, why bother to call and say it !! Begins to p--- you off after a while..
True but at the same time, if 2 months went by and nobody called you will the status you would be just as concerned and P---ed off too
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - Flowmaster Cats - Borla Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #5
Aurora40

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
True but at the same time, if 2 months went by and nobody called you will the status you would be just as concerned and P---ed off too
Yes, I'd much prefer the call. Sorry to hear about your wheels though. I wonder if it's taking them time to get Fikse's molds and whatnot and get it running?

The upshot seems to be that 17" wheels might be more available. It seemed like Fikse was using up remaining 17" stock but not making anything new.
Former owner of #2517

[IMG]http://a.random-image.net/aurora40/vette.jpg[/img]
Aurora40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #6
Sgreg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40 View Post
Yes, I'd much prefer the call. Sorry to hear about your wheels though. I wonder if it's taking them time to get Fikse's molds and whatnot and get it running?

The upshot seems to be that 17" wheels might be more available. It seemed like Fikse was using up remaining 17" stock but not making anything new.
I don't know, but I am told they are filling 2-3 orders a day for Fikse wheels. Not a lot. That is the problem with the call. I want to ask all kinds of questions but the person calling has no answers other than they have not lost my order and I am in line ?? They have $150M in orders at this time. I have no idea how many of Kodiak's staff have moved over to do Fikse wheels but the order completion rate sounds like two or three people are putting them together. Could be related to supply of parts, machining and heat treating issues ? I am happy to hear they are quality products.

Last edited by Sgreg; 04-18-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Sgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010   #7
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgreg View Post
I don't know, but I am told they are filling 2-3 orders a day for Fikse wheels. Not a lot. That is the problem with the call. I want to ask all kinds of questions but the person calling has no answers other than they have not lost my order and I am in line ?? They have $150M in orders at this time. I have no idea how many of Kodiak's staff have moved over to do Fikse wheels but the order completion rate sounds like two or three people are putting them together. Could be related to supply of parts, machining and heat treating issues ? I am happy to hear they are quality products.
If these guys are getting swamped they might want to put a hold on new orders.What does a set cost in ZR-1 sizes?
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote