ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 03-16-2010   #11
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: Getting Hosed

Anyone know where I can find a set of rubber hoses for a 1990 Z?

Other than the Samco I don't see much out there.

Thanks, John
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #12
guinnessdood

Never knew there was a smell issue with the Samco's. Never had an issue with mine smelling. The recommended clamps for the Samco hoses are excellent quality and I never had a leak with mine. I would contact Brits, Inc. http://www.sporthoses.com/ Call and ask for Jamie. He knows exactly what you'll need. We ordered more than 150 sets of Samco hoses from them.

The GM OEM hoses I believe are no longer being produced as a set (not sure about onesey twoseys...but that would mean you're likely buying OEM NOS hoses...so the hoses will be old(er)...maybe not the best idea. Of course the other possibility is to buy some aftermarket rubber ones, but I am not aware of anyone making ALL of the coolant hoses other than Samco.
Past OWNER 90 ZR-1 #0120 Red/Saddle
UT Plate: EZR1DER
guinnessdood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #13
limey

If i'm right, i'm certain Haibeck has hoses available in complete sets.
limey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #14
xlr8nflorida

Do you need a full set or just a few hoses? I may have some.
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #15
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1 View Post
Anyone know where I can find a set of rubber hoses for a 1990 Z?

Other than the Samco I don't see much out there.

Thanks, John

John that is correct thay are No longer available. Expect to pay NCRS prices for a set of OEM orginals. WHich is why I still suggest the SAMCOs
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #16
ScottZ95ZR1

Quote:
Originally Posted by guinnessdood View Post
I would contact Brits, Inc. http://www.sporthoses.com/ Call and ask for Jamie.
I was told they only have one set available and they are red.
Jamie said lead-time is 4-6 weeks but I was told recently by another member that he's been waiting for a black set for well over 2 months.
ScottZ95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #17
jrd1990zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8nflorida View Post
Do you need a full set or just a few hoses? I may have some.
I was thinking if I have this much of the car pulled apart, now is the time to change them all.

Blue or Red Samco's on a charcoal car wouldn't look right and I don't want to wait 2+ months for black Samco's.
Old 03-17-2010   #18
GOLDCYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1 View Post
I was thinking if I have this much of the car pulled apart, now is the time to change them all.

Blue or Red Samco's on a charcoal car wouldn't look right and I don't want to wait 2+ months for black Samco's.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMCO...item19ba7aaf3d

Ask them if they have black in stock

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMCO...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMCO-SILICONE-C...item3efbfe2da7

GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 03-17-2010 at 05:51 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010   #19
jrd1990zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMCO...item19ba7aaf3d

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAMCO...Q5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAMCO-SILICONE-C...item3efbfe2da7

GC,

First two only have Blue in stock. 6-8 weeks for Black. I didn't check with link #3, Looks like I may have found a set of rubber hoses.

Thanks for all the information. I appreciate it.

John
Old 03-17-2010   #20
PhillipsLT5

Uly, good to see you back
I got the hoses from you at the Gathering in vegas a few years ago
You cant smell them because you are smelling your rear tires, just kidding
I got the clamps from brits, but SMELL
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote