ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-20-2008   #11
IowaZR-1

Default Re: ZR1 in the house

Congrats and welcome to the "perma grin" club!
IowaZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #12
Hammer

Talking Re: ZR1 in the house

Welcome to THE place for ZR-1 info and comraderie. Nice color combo on your car. Tell us more about it, stock or any mods done, car number, miles, any documentation with it, both tops and so on. We like ZR-1's and would love to hear more about your car.

As far as your problems go, I can't help there, but would recommend a Factory Service Manual if you plan on keeping the car and working on it yourself. Helms.com is probably the place to get one (or Ebay), you'll need a 5" binder also. Be sure to get "The Heart of the Beast", great reading on our cars.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #13
tomtom72

Just wanna say and welcome to the brotherhood!

Sweeet Z ya have there!

Congrats & hope you enjoy the ride!

1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #14
White Bullet

Thanks everyone for the welcome and suggestions =D>.

Hammer- The service manual is in my future, I will get one soon. As far as I can tell the car is stock with the exception of the exhaust. There is a Borla cat-back system installed. I must say it sounds sweet. I have lamented build sheets and window sticker but no pizza box. It has both tops and electronic AC. The build number based on the VIN is #837. It has 88,000 miles and cost me $16,000.00. I put $5,000.00 down and financed the rest. The bank told me that they would finance up to $37,500 for it. That sure says something special about these cars, 18 years olds and still worth around half its MSRP. MSRP on window sticker is $65,583.00.
Old 04-20-2008   #15
Hammer

Talking Re: ZR1 in the house

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bullet

Hammer- The service manual is in my future, I will get one soon. As far as I can tell the car is stock with the exception of the exhaust. There is a Borla cat-back system installed. I must say it sounds sweet. I have lamented build sheets and window sticker but no pizza box. It has both tops and electronic AC. The build number based on the VIN is #837. It has 88,000 miles and cost me $16,000.00. I put $5,000.00 down and financed the rest. The bank told me that they would finance up to $37,500 for it. That sure says something special about these cars, 18 years olds and still worth around half its MSRP. MSRP on window sticker is $65,583.00.
Nice buy. I know there is another ZR-1, Red/Black coming to GA soon, if not already there. It belonged to a friend in Oregon and was bought off Ebay. It had only 8,800 miles on it and the guy was driving it home from OR. to GA. Ouch.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008   #16
gbrtng

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Bullet

All 91s have electronic AC - 90 was the only year it was an option.
And the banker ... well maybe myopic, nuts, who knows. The vehicle's loan value is nowhere near that amount. Don't get me wrong, you paid a fair price for one with that mileage.
Old 04-23-2008   #17
GOLDCYLON

Welcome aboard !
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008   #18
Peaven

Congrats!
'94 ABZ Lucky #13-SOLD
Peaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #19
Z Factor

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008   #20
karterdon

Welcome - Your Z looks really , really, really nice. You should be able to check the coolant bulb just by turning the key to the "On" position. If it does not light then you most likely have a bulb issue. As for the ABS - You should not get a light under acceleration. The system will go thru a self test but that is only after initial start up and as previously noted - in the first few feet of driving. You may want to check each of the wheel speed sensors or the wires to each one.

Good luck and Welcome

Don Yoakem
91-# 267 dark Red Met.
=D>
karterdon is offline   Reply With Quote