ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 04-22-2023   #1
staminqia

Default Moving drivers seat forward

My wife wants to start driving my LT4 and I need to move the drivers seat forward about 1". What is the best way to do that? move the whole track forward? or move the seat mount on the track forward? Has anyone done this for their short legged wives before? LOL

thanks

Anthony
staminqia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023   #2
mlipmd

Default Re: Moving drivers seat forward

? easier to put blocks on the pedals to move them closer to her feet?
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023   #3
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlipmd View Post
? easier to put blocks on the pedals to move them closer to her feet?
I think I would opt for at least trying to see about moving the tracks, but I admit that I once had to put blocks on pedals. I sold my 1954 Aston Martin DB 2/4 to a lady doctor who was about 5 feet tall. She couldn't reach the pedals and said she would buy it contingent upon raising the pedal height. I sent it to my English car mechanic and he fixed her up, although I don't know exactly how he attached the blocks to the pedals. Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023   #4
mlipmd

They bolt right on, or through, the pedals. You can easily make something yourself out of a short length of 2x4 and glue or bolt through a covering of rubber or something to prevent foot slipping if you want to. Or paint over with a good non-skid paint. I did this in on MG TD kit car and it worked out great and was very easy to do. It was way easier to do than moving the seat track.
Old 04-26-2023   #5
staminqia

All fixed. I drilled four new holes in the bottom rail where the seat mounts to the studs thru the floor. She only needed about 3/4" and I made it work.
Old 04-27-2023   #6
JG95ZR1

The seat track is already to close to the tunnel when the seat is moved All the way forward. Might have to modify the stoppers in side the tracks to get that extra inch

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
JG95ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023   #7
staminqia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG95ZR1 View Post
The seat track is already to close to the tunnel when the seat is moved All the way forward. Might have to modify the stoppers in side the tracks to get that extra inch

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

I like that suggestion but how do you modify the stoppers? I am interested.....
Old 04-28-2023   #8
GOLDCYLON

I would not have adjusted the seats anymore forward because of the airbag. It's could be a serious safety issue for the driver. These are the 2nd and 3rd order of effects from modifying the seats.

In a race car so be it, the airbag is out of the question. However if your intention is to allow your spousal support unit to drive the car......

However, I would have looked into something like this first

https://www.amazon.com/DriFeez-Exten...46&sr=8-1&th=1

Just my thoughts. I'm sure there are better units available however, this is the direction I would have recommended.

GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V

Last edited by GOLDCYLON; 04-28-2023 at 04:47 PM.
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023   #9
mlipmd

You make a good point - "I would not have adjusted the seats anymore forward because of the airbag. It's could be a serious safety issue for the driver."
I don't know if an inch makes a real difference but if you are small and closer and get hit in the face with that thing, it could. That's why I suggested moving the pedals closer instead of the seat. But moving the seat forward an inch may also make it easier to reach the steering wheel if that were a problem too.
Just tell her to drive slow (Ha).
Old 04-30-2023   #10
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
I would not have adjusted the seats anymore forward because of the airbag. It's could be a serious safety issue for the driver. These are the 2nd and 3rd order of effects from modifying the seats.

In a race car so be it, the airbag is out of the question. However if your intention is to allow your spousal support unit to drive the car......

However, I would have looked into something like this first

https://www.amazon.com/DriFeez-Exten...46&sr=8-1&th=1

Just my thoughts. I'm sure there are better units available however, this is the direction I would have recommended.

GC
Good idea--much better than my old wooden blocks. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote