ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 08-13-2022   #1
402Z

Default FIX for AC blowing out of floor and defroster vents

Hello everyone,

I was getting the dreaded AC blowing out of the floor and defroster vents no matter what mode I had the HVAC control unit on. I researched and found the typical HVAC controller malfunction, control head unit possibly might not be working correctly, etc.

My radio is not working so I dropped the passenger knee pad panel to access the CDM, and noticed that there was a burnt connector tube that connected two vacuum lines together. I put a pause on troubleshooting the CDM to fix this vacuum line. I was not sure what the vacuum lines were for but after some research they provide vacuum for the HVAC controls that direct what vents the AC will blow out of. Went to the auto parts store, bought a new vacuum line to connect the two vacuum lines for the HVAC controller and sure enough my AC was blowing out of the head vents now. Was very happy that I did not have to mess with the HVAC controller under the driver-side knee panel, or the HVAC head unit. Easy fix!

For those of you that are having issues where your AC is blowing only out of the floor and defroster vents, definitely check under the passenger side knee panel and look for those two vacuum lines. A very easy thing to check before diving into the much more difficult stuff. That courtesy light bulb for the floor gets really hot and could burn your vacuum connector if they are touching which is what happened to me. I will provide pictures of where it is located as well. Hope this helps anyone that has this dreaded issue. Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5691.jpg (231.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5690.jpg (104.0 KB, 28 views)
402Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022   #2
Erik

Default Re: FIX for AC blowing out of floor and defroster vents

Awesome. Thank you sir!

"All Corvettes are red. The rest are mistakes." - John Heinricy
Erik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022   #3
CamP

I recently had the same no dash vent issue, but mine was traced to a pinched vacuum line under the plenum.
CamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022   #4
mlipmd

That bulb does get really hot and that's another reason to change it out for an LED. One of these days I'm gonna get around to doing that.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022   #5
CamP

Does anyone have a part number for the LED courtesy lamp? My driver's side is out, so it's a good time to make the switch. The originals do get red hot.
CamP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022   #6
402Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamP View Post
Does anyone have a part number for the LED courtesy lamp? My driver's side is out, so it's a good time to make the switch. The originals do get red hot.
I'd like to know this as well. Might as well replace it while I have the panel off so I don't have to worry about that light burning anything else.
402Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2022   #7
mlipmd

I used these to replace the underhood lights and they fit perfectly and are really bright and that is probably the same bulb as the courtesy lamp. Will have to look that up. I believe they are 578s.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JQDJC1F...g=affinity1-20

You can also get them here, half the price - my next order.
https://www.amazon.com/211-2-1-65in-...a-827612054062

Last edited by mlipmd; 08-17-2022 at 01:32 PM.
mlipmd is offline   Reply With Quote