ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-30-2018   #21
lfalzarano

Default Re: Fuel additives

You can purchase the Accel and take them to Corvette Masters in Orlando to wrench the job for you.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 10-04-2018   #22
precast1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfalzarano View Post
You can purchase the Accel and take them to Corvette Masters in Orlando to wrench the job for you.

What I need is an opinion on is mixing the fuel going to stop the original injectors from going bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
precast1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018   #23
A26B

Quote:
Originally Posted by precast1 View Post
What I need is an opinion on is mixing the fuel going to stop the original injectors from going bad? Any help would be appreciated.

90~92 injectors were designed for use with ethanol free gasoline, so the answer is clear, with the obvious exceptions.

1. Injectors become deficient through the normal course of use. Nothing will stop that.
2. If your injectors have come in contact with ethanol blended fuel, any damage done will remain.
3. Using 100% gasoline, free of ethanol, 89 octane straight, or blended with 104 will not damage your injectors. It will only prevent damage associated with ethanol.
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018   #24
precast1

Quote:

Lou,

How much of a job is it to change the injectors? I would like to learn how to take the plenum off due to so many things are under it. Any videos that anyone has made? Going to at least chapter judge it in November may do it again regional in January. After that I am going to drive it. I am really having fun. But as we all know when you drive them things are going to break. I also have two LTs and broke something in the A/C Sunday. The other on I am changing the rear end gear oil and additive as the posi is jumping. Point is try to learn all I can about these cars. This forum is a tremendous amount of help. Everyone is so nice. Met Steve Dempsey this week end bought a beautiful set of A Molds to mount Nitto 555 GS on after the judging. He met me half way and didn't really want to sell them just knew that's what I wanted.

Old 10-05-2018   #25
precast1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A26B View Post
90~92 injectors were designed for use with ethanol free gasoline, so the answer is clear, with the obvious exceptions.

1. Injectors become deficient through the normal course of use. Nothing will stop that.
2. If your injectors have come in contact with ethanol blended fuel, any damage done will remain.
3. Using 100% gasoline, free of ethanol, 89 octane straight, or blended with 104 will not damage your injectors. It will only prevent damage associated with ethanol.
Jerry,

Thank you very much I got the car with 744 miles got it sorted out everything works except I blew one of the speaker amps that had already been replace after I bought the car. Motor runs very stong. Would like to replace them myself how big of a job is it. Plus I want to learn more about the car. Do you have any written or video that shows how to remove the plenum and replace the injectors. If I can do it myself I think I will replace them. If I have to bring it to a shop I probably wouldn't just stop with the injectors. Arron Scott can make these engines very fast.

Thank you again for all you do to keep the LT5 on the road

Tom
Old 10-05-2018   #26
lfalzarano

Marc Haibeck sells a DVD for the plenum Removal. Jerry’s sells injectors that don’t need modification but need O rings. Marc sells the Accels that need a tab removed for installation, but O rings don’t need to be changed. Both cases, you’ll need plenum gaskets from Jerry’s.

As I mentioned before and just drove the beast yesterday, she’s still a Beast. Just switched to 91 octane ethanol free gas. It ran on Sunoco gas for 78K miles while I owned it. Maybe the Sunoco in Florida didn’t use the ethanol blend while I lived there until 2015.

Old 10-05-2018   #27
precast1

Quote:
Marc Haibeck sells a DVD for the plenum Removal. Jerry’s sells injectors that don’t need modification but need O rings. Marc sells the Accels that need a tab removed for installation, but O rings don’t need to be changed. Both cases, you’ll need plenum gaskets from Jerry’s.

As I mentioned before and just drove the beast yesterday, she’s still a Beast. Just switched to 91 octane ethanol free gas. It ran on Sunoco gas for 78K miles while I owned it. Maybe the Sunoco in Florida didn’t use the ethanol blend while I lived there until 2015.

I think you are correct I was buying the Sunoco in Maitland, Fl ethanol free for my 1970 LT1. But we went to get fuel for the ZR1 the pump said it had 10% ethanol. So it changed at some point and it's $9.00 a gal that's about what I pay for the 104 octane. I buy 110 octane leaded and mix with the 89 octane unleaded in my two 1972 LT1s.

Old 10-05-2018   #28
precast1

Quote:
Originally Posted by precast1 View Post
I think you are correct I was buying the Sunoco in Maitland, Fl ethanol free for my 1970 LT1. But we went to get fuel for the ZR1 the pump said it had 10% ethanol. So it changed at some point and it's $9.00 a gal that's about what I pay for the 104 octane. I buy 110 octane leaded and mix with the 89 octane unleaded in my two 1972 LT1s.

Thank you for the plenum video. I will get one coming.

Old 10-06-2018   #29
A26B

Quote:
........ Jerry’s sells injectors that don’t need modification but need O rings. Marc sells the Accels that need a tab removed for installation, but O rings don’t need to be changed. Both cases, you’ll need plenum gaskets from Jerry’s. ..........
Not quite accurate.

1990~92 models
Require a different o-ring seal for only the Primary Injector Lower Seal. This particular o-ring, PN 10067600, is located inside of the fuel injector housing, not on the injector tip, like the Secondary injectors.

Neither FIC, Accel or any other brand injectors include the Primary Injector Lower Seal (8 o-rings). Jerrys Gaskets has this set of 8 o-rings available in either Buna (PN 10067600-B) or Viton (10067600-V).

1993~95 models
Did away with the lower primary injector seal inside of the injector housing in favor of the same o-ring seal, top & bottom, on all 16 injectors, (both primary & secondary). FIC Injectors come with ALL o-ring seals required for 1993-95 models.

FIC injectors do not require harness connector tab removal, as previously stated.

FIC injectors are provided with Viton o-rings and do not require "change" or replacement. I have no information pertaing to the Accel o-ring seal composition.

Full details can be reviewed on Jerrys Gaskets website by using the following links.

http://www.jerrysgaskets.com/fuel-in...16-90-95-13b2/

http://www.jerrysgaskets.com/seal-se...on-90-92-11d8/
1994 ZR-1, Black/Black, Lingenfelter Aerobody, 416cu in, 3.91 gears, coil-over susp, Brembo brakes, etc.
2016 Black-Red, 3LT-Z51 Auto 8-speed.

Last edited by A26B; 10-08-2018 at 08:40 AM.
A26B is offline   Reply With Quote