ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-31-2007   #31
Corvettes White

Default Re: Well, I thought I might join you guys...

Welcome to the site, George
Corvettes White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007   #32
bobbyhi

Welcome
1990 #2405 White/Gray
Haibeck chip,4:09 gears,Power Effects Exhaust,5 spoke chrome,C5 brakes,49th Street rockers,K&N,Hurst,Headers,Upper & lower ported

Minnesota State Director
Founding Member #19
bobbyhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008   #33
HIZNHRZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora40
Hey Scott, it's doing fine. Since changing to Redline oils the oil pan has started leaking slightly. I'm getting ready to pull it and replace the gasket. I'll probably go back to Mobil 1 in the "high mileage" formula though, now that they have a non-"SM" rated oil in the right viscosity.

Also some old lady rear-ended me... I just got the car back from Stingray's in Purcellville. The damage was quite minor, we were both driving forwards at the time (thankfully I wasn't braking or anything). She just cracked the paint and damaged one of the pop-rivet holes on the bottom of the bumper. They did a good job fixing it, though the paint is glossier than the 18 year old paint on the rest of the car. That's life I guess...

When do you get your monster back from Haibeck? Can't wait to see how disappointed it makes me with the performance of my car...
Sorry to hear of your latest mishap. Sounds like we can all be greatful you didn't get hurt. Man, you've had a tough stretch of luck there with the flat tire and now getting hit. Let's just figure you got all that stuff behind you in 2007. Best wishes (and Luck) to you and your family in 2008!

I'm very much looking forward to getting my car back. It will be far from a monster though. A monster would be the 440 that Marc just built. When it's finished, the parts will still be OE original and should be a blast to drive. Hopefully by not building a stroker I'll have left enough in the bank to buy a used ZO6 when the prices come down and the novelty wears off.

I'm looking forward to the spring, better weather, and a chance to get together. Take care.
Scott
HIZNHRZ is offline   Reply With Quote