ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 11-30-2017   #51
jrd1990zr1

Default Re: No heat from heater 1990 ZR1

Put the wiring back together, attached an actuator to the box went from full cold to hull heat and it set code 01. At full code the blend door closes over the heater core as it should. At full heat the door opens about 1/2 inch and slowly flutters. Tried two more actuators did the same with all. Went through the FSM procedure it appears the programer is the problem. Called Bryan Thompson he also believes this is a programer problem. So the plan is now to remove the programmer, control head and put them in a box with my actuators to Bryan.

I wish the blend door had been fluttering before I removed the heater box, might have saved some work.

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017   #52
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd1990zr1 View Post
Put the wiring back together, attached an actuator to the box went from full cold to hull heat and it set code 01. At full code the blend door closes over the heater core as it should. At full heat the door opens about 1/2 inch and slowly flutters. Tried two more actuators did the same with all. Went through the FSM procedure it appears the programer is the problem. Called Bryan Thompson he also believes this is a programer problem. So the plan is now to remove the programmer, control head and put them in a box with my actuators to Bryan.

I wish the blend door had been fluttering before I removed the heater box, might have saved some work.
I'd be interested in the part# on the label of the programmer when you remove it. I believe I've one stuffed away somewhere but it's difficult to put a 'hands-on' currently.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017   #53
jrd1990zr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVZR-1 View Post
I'd be interested in the part# on the label of the programmer when you remove it. I believe I've one stuffed away somewhere but it's difficult to put a 'hands-on' currently.
No part number that I can find. See attached photos. One corner is broken on the case and the retainer was not on the silicone plug. Just held on with a flat washer.

During removal I somehow pulled the tan line from the silicone plug. I did not see a diagram of which color goes where in the plug. There are more ports than vacuum lines. Do you know where I can find a diagram? Also any thoughts on an adhesive to seal the tubes to the block? They do not seem secure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Programmer top.jpg (392.4 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg Programmer bottom.jpg (333.7 KB, 10 views)

1968 convertible Lemans Blue,
1986 coupe Medium Blue NCRS Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2529 Red NCRS Regional and National Top Flight (sold),
1990 ZR1 #2124 Charcoal Metallic NCRS Top Flight 2010 & 2018,
2003 Anniversary Red Convertible (sold)
jrd1990zr1 is offline   Reply With Quote