ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-23-2017   #91
lfalzarano

Default Re: ACR Viper vs C4 ZR1

Granted the Viper ACR extreme posts some great times, but I'm betting the 2018 ZR1 will smoke it for a lot less money.

If it is such a great car, how come they are discontinuing it? Any ideas?

Oorah!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 08-23-2017   #92
Tripler

Uuuhhh it is a zr1netregistry , not a viper website . So we're pro ZR-1 .
I would also say its not a viper hate on , more of a don't really want one . You asked for a few opinions and a few have responded . I find some of the responses quite funny and entertaining . I am sure this is all in fun and we are just messin with you . Your car is your choice . My car is my choice .
Enjoy what ever you decide .

PS ... Why not own both ???

Just sayin

Sent from my LG-H831 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017   #93
RussMcB

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
<snip> Are most of you of the mindset that the 1995 ZR-1 is better overall than the 2016-17 ACR Viper?

on edit: My apologies! I wrote the opposite of what I was thinking. (I'm an idiot).

Corrected:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think the answer is 'No' (most of us don't think a 20+ year old ZR-1 is better overall than a new Viper).

Of course, "better overall" means different things to different people.

Last edited by RussMcB; 08-23-2017 at 03:02 PM.
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017   #94
Tripler

I just realized something . It's not about which car is better or worse or which is faster or slower or which is more comfortable than the other but the fact we drive ZR-1's is plain and simple . We are driving a peice of history . A marvel of tech for its day . Is the viper in line with that stature ? Perhaps the original but not the lastest rendition . It's like comparing the new ZR1 to the old ZR-1 . You cannot compare them ...

My 1995 ZR-1 2 cents

Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017   #95
ssrszz4

I think we need too troll the Viper forums , na that would be too easy!

Sent from my XT1585 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
ssrszz4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017   #96
BigJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripler View Post
I just realized something . It's not about which car is better or worse or which is faster or slower or which is more comfortable than the other but the fact we drive ZR-1's is plain and simple . We are driving a peice of history . A marvel of tech for its day . Is the viper in line with that stature ? Perhaps the original but not the lastest rendition . It's like comparing the new ZR1 to the old ZR-1 . You cannot compare them ...

My 1995 ZR-1 2 cents

What?
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017   #97
Hog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vette73 View Post
Anyone know the top speed of that viper? If your talking about a track car, has anyone mentioned a C-5 ZO6?

From what I understand with some bolt ons , heads, cam exhaust the car is 440-450 RWHP with about 300 or so pounds lighter than the ZR-1.....I figured since we are on the subject , both these vettes are priced similarly...
efnfast is correct, the ACR is 177mph, the Daytona TA (Time Attack) is 193mph. The non-aero package Vipers retain their 206mph top speeds.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017   #98
lfalzarano

Viper vs. C7

https://www.facebook.com/hightechcor...5541499152812/

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
Old 08-24-2017   #99
AnthonyGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Retired View Post
Why am I sensing some hate on the Viper? Are most of you of the mindset that the 1995 ZR-1 is better overall than the 2016-17 ACR Viper? No disrespect but it seems many of you are Haters of the recent Viper. Why? I'm no huge Viper fan nor am I a hard core Corvette enthusiast but the 2017 Viper is one of the most valued and sought after Sports cars in the world today. Am I wrong? If so, why?
And it's always that way until the 2018 or 2019 mega mobile comes out. The newest is always the best. The latest GT3 hasn't been timed on the ring yet or the next GTR or next gen vette. It will be beat.

That said why is a ZR-1 so great? Honestly it was the top of its day. It pushed auto makers worldwide and ahilated all its contemporaries by large margins. The ACR is marginally faster than its contempiraries. It doesn't push technology forward worldwide like the LT5 did.

Go buy your viper thinking it's the best. Don't lose it when a guy in a Miata blows your doors off at the track though. And don't beller when a guy in a Vette or Mustang with a blower ruins your day either. There is always someone faster. And faster seems to be the only reason you can justify the Viper.

I dont give a crap what's faster. I love my ZR-1 for the smiles it gives me every time I start it or drive it hard. If you don't get it, that's fine.

You are free to go troll the K car forum if you wish too. You might really like a K car. If Iacocca and the K car didn't save Dodge, there'd be no Viper. I'd rather have an Omni GHLS than a Viper too.
AnthonyGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017   #100
BigJohn

If new cars are always better why is it my bone stock 71 GTX beat a CTS-V in a stop light race?
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote