ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-29-2016   #71
Roadster

Default Re: Carlisle Day #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
Tom,

Thank you so much for taking time out to take pics and correlate to name/forum nick name. Every year after the Carlisle I realize I had missed someone because I had not been able to put face to the name.

Hope to see you soon at another WAZOO get together.
Your welcome Yun, glad they turned out good!!! Still trying to find some missing pics......lol I can't post some members pics if I can't locate them
Also looking forward to the next WAZOO, as I have a small list of things to do whenever the time permits over many WAZOO get togethers. Hurst shifter, etc., etc. Nothing that need urgent attention. My 94 is running great...
Enjoyed our conversation Yun about the Muscle Car era!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredgeguy View Post
Great job with the photos Tom. It was a great time this year. Looking forward to seeing you at the next Wazoo get together. To everybody else, drive safe and see you at the next gathering.
Thanks Charlie, my pleasure....We did have a good time and enjoyed your stories over a few beers, they were great, and so were the stories!!! Yes, looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at the next WAZOO
BTW, as many have stated, your pulled pork cooking abilities are second to none, thank you for the delicious lunches, very much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
Excellent work capturing a "sliver" of the event, Tom!! It was my first Carlisle adventure, and it was WELL WORTH THE EFFORT to make the long trip!!

WOW! I had never seen so many Corvettes anywhere! By Saturday our ZR-1 parking area was overflowing. It was, as several have said, terrific to get to see several people I've come to know on the Forum, but was able to put faces AND (some) cars with names was especially good.

I was in awe of several of the cars there - beautiful - inside and out. And, there's NOTHING like a paint job by Marc, but there was an (I'll call it 'metalized') aluminum-like high-gloss finish, and of course those powder-coated motors...ALL were spectacular...even impressed this old WARRIOR (i.e., not a waxer, ordinarily.

Tom, if you don't mind, I'll tag a few pix of my own onto your post so as to avoid people from having to jump around.

I did a 'panorama shot' of the Carlisle gathering, from our location. I'll try to get it on YouTube later.

Paul.
Thank you Paul, it was a pleasure to meet you!!! Paul and I were busting on each other and had some good laughs. Glad you made the long haul.
Post as many pics as you like, never too many to view....
And Paul is right on about Mike and Desilie, two very nice people.....
Let us know about the YouTube video when it is up and running....

1994 ZR-1 #009 "captured test fleet car"
1974 LS4 454 Vert
1982 L83 CFI...now a retired "dd"....Sold

WAZOO Member
Roadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #72
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
Amazing pictures!! Thanks for documenting the event for those of us who couldn't make it.....Two questions. How many C4 ZR-1s turned out for the event, AND how come no smack talking on the Go-Karts?? I was sure the winner would be chiming in lol.
Glad you are enjoying the pics.....
1-I do not have the final count, but I would estimate on Saturday had to be 30+.
Maybe Mark, Dennis, or Robert would have the actual count....

2-Go-Karts became a No-Carts....when Mark asked Friday evening if anyone wanted to go, the answer was a big no!!! lol We all seemed to be happy to stay put under and around the tent and we were treated to a pizza dinner from the club. Thank you "club board" for a delish pizza dinner

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member
Old 08-29-2016   #73
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster View Post
Glad you are enjoying the pics.....
1-I do not have the final count, but I would estimate on Saturday had to be 30+.
Maybe Mark, Dennis, or Robert would have the actual count....

2-Go-Karts became a No-Carts....when Mark asked Friday evening if anyone wanted to go, the answer was a big no!!! lol We all seemed to be happy to stay put under and around the tent and we were treated to a pizza dinner from the club. Thank you "club board" for a delish pizza dinner
Well, actually Tom & Desi DID go over and do the Karts!

There wasn't enough ppl signed up to rent the track for the evening, but it was still open to the public and some did partake anyway.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #74
QB93Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Workman View Post
.............Jim Voter performed a plenum-pull "how to". The car was crowed around so that some had to peek between the "front-row" shoulders to get a peek at the goings on.

Here's Jim standing by his handy work. He did the plenum pull for free as a teaching demo. But, I asked him if re-assembly was included...or did he have to PAY for that! LOL!

The thanks go to Rod for allowing his ZR-1 to be used as the demo car.

My hope is that other ZR-1 owners (and potential owners) will understand that the LT5 is not an "untouchable" beast that is impossible to work on. As we know, many ZR-1 owners work on and repair their LT5's, and now, many owners have done major engine modifications. The ZR-1 is a great hobby car, with outstanding performance. And I can attest, also a great touring car.

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #75
G8nightman

I took some pics as well here is one of the group

90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"

Last edited by G8nightman; 08-29-2016 at 06:19 PM.
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #76
Top Toy

Default Re: Carlisle Days #1,2, & 3

Thanks for all the great pics guys! Sorry I wasn't able to stay for Saturday. Had to split my time between Carlisle, a street rod show and a cars 'n coffee! See you next year!

Sent from my XT1254 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
'95 ZR-1, aqua/gray, #167
368 LPE/Haibeck, Web cams, Stainless Works headers, B&B Fusion exhaust, 18" Fikse wheels, Alcon brakes, lowered. 491 SAE RWHP.
Top Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #77
BlackSheepz

Thank you all for the photos! We weren't able to join this year, but hope to go to more events next year! Looks like it was an epic time!
1990 ZR-1 #2530

Gone but not forgotten:
1988 Z52 4+3
1992 LT1 6 speed
BlackSheepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016   #78
Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G8nightman View Post
I took some pics as well here is one of the group
Some great pics George, didn't get a chance to say goodbye to you and the NYC group, great to meet you all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Toy View Post
Thanks for all the great pics guys! Sorry I wasn't able to stay for Saturday. Had to split my time between Carlisle, a street rod show and a cars 'n coffee! See you next year!

Sent from my XT1254 using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Dennis, you disappeared into thin air....I guess when you have a ZR-1 like yours with those mods, that is exactly what happens.....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSheepz View Post
Thank you all for the photos! We weren't able to join this year, but hope to go to more events next year! Looks like it was an epic time!
Glad you are liking all of the pics, you said it in one word, "epic", hope you can make it in '17.

1974 LS4 454 Vert

WAZOO Member
Old 08-31-2016   #79
Riviera

Paul thanks for the kind words. This was our first Carlisle too. We left on Saturday morning as Tripler very kindly allowed me to live out a childhood dream of going to Hershey. Stayed at the Hotel Hershey. It was amazing. Mike (Tripler) was kept busy giving people "tours" of our Z.
Riviera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016   #80
Tripler

Well Wow is all I can say . It was a wonderful first time and I suggest anyone to make a strong effort to go and meet the other ZR-1 owners for next years event. Amazing bunch of guys and gals who have such enthusiasm for the ZR-1 . The cars were stunning and I am always in such awe of the LT5 and the C4 ZR-1.

Thanks Paul for the very kind words . I must say I do enjoy your story's of doing high speed runs . Wow . Your a madman . I prefer the circuit myself . You will have to come for a ride with me sometime and maybe I can get you hooked on circuit runs like Mark does ...

Mike

PS ,,,you guys missed out on some really fun but tough go kart tracking . I was sweating like crazy trying to keep up to a guy that goes there every week . He did a 19.230sec and my best was a 19.504sec . The fastest time on the circuit is 18.233sec . I was 7th fastest of the month . A few more trips and an 18 would be in the cards for sure . Go karts are completely different animals than driving anything else on the planet as far as I am concerned .
Tripler is offline   Reply With Quote