ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-09-2016   #21
RussMcB

Default Re: Interesting EBAY ZR-1....Sort of

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5irocz View Post
What an awesome car!! 1 of 111. Do you still happen to have it? Thanks for posting the pic!
No, it's long gone. Like a dozen other cars I've owned, I wish I still had it.

Boris Said and Peter Cunningham raced it before I did. I got to talk with them briefly about it. It was a really high quality car with a lot of cool stuff - Bill Mitchell specially valved Konis, a digital brake temperature gauge & lots more. I guess the 1LE package had things like Corvette brakes, stiffer springs and bars. It was only a 305ci but very strong. I raced it for a couple of years. It was a great car, but was going to be too expensive to race often, especially in the endurance races. They really take a toll on a car.
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016   #22
t5irocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussMcB View Post
No, it's long gone. Like a dozen other cars I've owned, I wish I still had it.

Boris Said and Peter Cunningham raced it before I did. I got to talk with them briefly about it. It was a really high quality car with a lot of cool stuff - Bill Mitchell specially valved Konis, a digital brake temperature gauge & lots more. I guess the 1LE package had things like Corvette brakes, stiffer springs and bars. It was only a 305ci but very strong. I raced it for a couple of years. It was a great car, but was going to be too expensive to race often, especially in the endurance races. They really take a toll on a car.
Very cool!! I am constantly doing research on these cars, if I ever see anything come up about it i'll let you know!
-87 IROC-Z, L98, 11K MILES, SURVIVOR
-90 CORVETTE COUPE, L98, 6-SPEED SHOWCAR
-15 SILVERADO & 16 TAHOE DAILY DRIVERS
FORMER 90 CALLAWAY ZR1/CR1 OWNER #2276

:flag:
t5irocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016   #23
rudolph schenker

Love my IROC!!

1994 ZR-1 Admiral blue/beige #67
rudolph schenker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016   #24
rush91

Quote:
Nice!! You know your thirdgen history!! Thanks for the compliment!! I love these cars.

Yes, they were set up to be factory acceptable for SCCA racing (sans safety / race equipment). Most of them got hammered on... Mine were bought with the intent of drag racing (lightweight and with the L98) but were never really used for that (or much of anything else haha...) All of mine still ride on their original good year gatorbacks, original paint, etc. Yes, I know of that white Firehawk, 1 of 1 in that color, comp, and the only one ever made with t-tops, incredible car!!!! I have seen many cars in my life but I have not seen one of the 25 in person. I have to find one for sale at some point

Thank you for posting those pictures. I sat and stared for at least a hour! I have always loved Camaros, especially the 3rd Gens......your all white 1991 is just stunning. And your exactly right, its a shame that the majority of the 1LE's got thrashed. By either those that had no idea what they were, or those who used them for what they were intended for lol. Kudos to you for keeping two in such original, unmolested state.
I guess I was lucky to see that green Firehawk at a street machines. I was scoping it hard to see if it was a knock off. But it was the real deal and just gorgeous. I'm with ya, I'm saving my pennies for one for the elusive 25.........
rush91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016   #25
rush91

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudolph schenker View Post
Love my IROC!!

Damn nice Z!! Is that of the 305 or 350 nature? I always thought the 305 H.O. was the faster car, And more easy to mod? Very very clean interior, that leather rocks man!! Thanks for posting
Old 03-16-2016   #26
t5irocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
Thank you for posting those pictures. I sat and stared for at least a hour! I have always loved Camaros, especially the 3rd Gens......your all white 1991 is just stunning. And your exactly right, its a shame that the majority of the 1LE's got thrashed. By either those that had no idea what they were, or those who used them for what they were intended for lol. Kudos to you for keeping two in such original, unmolested state.
I guess I was lucky to see that green Firehawk at a street machines. I was scoping it hard to see if it was a knock off. But it was the real deal and just gorgeous. I'm with ya, I'm saving my pennies for one for the elusive 25.........
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!! I still keep looking at the LT5 Z28 each day... still available....

I just found out tonight that my 92 1LE + Z03 is one of 4 ever made, pretty cool!

Here are a few more of the 91 (sorry to get off original topic)

The rear end has never been painted, it's still all bare metal... a labor of love to keep it up...

Factory Radio Delete + No AC

Old 03-17-2016   #27
G8nightman

Nice Camaro guys making me miss mine LOL I need to dig up some pics of mine.
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2315 'SOLD'
90 Chevy ZR1 LPE #2774 'SOLD'
91 Chevy ZR1 Callaway aerobody
91 Chevy ZR1 #1512
91 Chevy ZR1 #951
95 Chevy ZR1 #338 'SOLD'
91 BMW 850i
94 BMW 850csi
95 BMW 850csi
94 Lotus Esprit S4
07 Benz CLS550
06 BMW M5 "SOLD"
G8nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016   #28
rush91

Quote:
Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!! I still keep looking at the LT5 Z28 each day... still available....

I just found out tonight that my 92 1LE + Z03 is one of 4 ever made, pretty cool!

Here are a few more of the 91 (sorry to get off original topic)

The rear end has never been painted, it's still all bare metal... a labor of love to keep it up...

Factory Radio Delete + No AC

No problem on the compliments, I'm sure your used to it with such beautiful 3rd Gens......That 91 looks like it just rolled off the GM assembly line!! I can't imagine how sore your back is next day after getting it that spotless lol......So yours is AC/ radio delete, meaning you have the rare aluminum driveshaft, gas tank baffle and pickup, and the heavy duty Corvette brakes?? I'm not familiar with the Z03 option. Is that the heavier duty shocks? or driveloop?
I'd love that ZR-1 Z28 as well, OR take that 59k and buy the lowest mileage 1LE I could find. I just can't get past that paint job, and you know if one changed it, it's defacing GM heritage. Thanks for posting the new pictures, and for keeping those 1LE's so original! Now I need to stop staring at it and get back to work.......
Old 03-17-2016   #29
t5irocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rush91 View Post
No problem on the compliments, I'm sure your used to it with such beautiful 3rd Gens......That 91 looks like it just rolled off the GM assembly line!! I can't imagine how sore your back is next day after getting it that spotless lol......So yours is AC/ radio delete, meaning you have the rare aluminum driveshaft, gas tank baffle and pickup, and the heavy duty Corvette brakes?? I'm not familiar with the Z03 option. Is that the heavier duty shocks? or driveloop?
I'd love that ZR-1 Z28 as well, OR take that 59k and buy the lowest mileage 1LE I could find. I just can't get past that paint job, and you know if one changed it, it's defacing GM heritage. Thanks for posting the new pictures, and for keeping those 1LE's so original! Now I need to stop staring at it and get back to work.......
Thanks!! Yes, thats correct the car above has no AC, radio delete, crank windows, big C4 corvette brakes, baffled gas tank, alum driveshaft, no fog lights, etc. 1 of 175 '91's with the L98. My other one is a '92 1LE, virtually the same car but has the Z03 option which is the 25th anniversary heritage edition. Special order car... They only made 32 with the Z03+1LE in all anniversary colors, mine is 1 of 4 in white with the L98 (just found out the production numbers last night and i'm psyched!) Here are a couple pic. Has under 6k miles:

Old 03-18-2016   #30
rush91

Quote:
Thanks!! Yes, thats correct the car above has no AC, radio delete, crank windows, big C4 corvette brakes, baffled gas tank, alum driveshaft, no fog lights, etc. 1 of 175 '91's with the L98. My other one is a '92 1LE, virtually the same car but has the Z03 option which is the 25th anniversary heritage edition. Special order car... They only made 32 with the Z03+1LE in all anniversary colors, mine is 1 of 4 in white with the L98 (just found out the production numbers last night and i'm psyched!) Here are a couple pic. Has under 6k miles:

Ahhhhh the Heritage package, Z03. Makes sense I've never heard of it. Having only made QTY 32 of those bad boys, that is a VERY rare 1LE.....I'm extremely jealous, as having almost pulled the trigger on a 1LE a few times. But nothing of the caliber of what you have!! Those huge C4 brakes, that I think they advertised as being able to change out at the track in under 10 minutes. If you don't have the lowest mileage, showroom fresh 1LE's I've ever seen, I don't know who does lol!! Maybe one or two in the GM's stables. Do you get to drive them much?? And were all the 25th Annis white with Red? I swore I saw one back in the day that was black with red stripes.......