ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-22-2012   #11
tomtom72

Default Re: Spark Plugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by XfireZ51 View Post
What does the ground strap look like? That determines heat range. BTW, I don't use anti-seize anymore. Always found plugs would loosen up. I just apply a film of oil on threads now.
Just a fwiw... the slight film of oil is what the MM did to the plugs I found in my 90 when i bought Her. I went with the anti-seize and encountered the same issues with loosening over time. I went back to what the MM did and that issue went away. Okay, I could be wrong about the MM doing the oil thing on the threads. However, I bought my car from Her original owner, and when I did my "once thru" the plugs were FR2LS's. The lettering was fairly faded vs the new 41-602's that I was putting in. I'm just saying there is a fairly good chance that MM did the film of oil on the plugs.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #12
carter200

Default Re: Bling

Cliff,
Thanks for the kind words. I have the billet throttle body plates in stock right now and soon I'll have your order finished. Yank those coolant pipes off and let's bling em' up.............

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #13
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by carter200 View Post
Cliff,
I have the billet throttle body plates in stock right now and soon I'll have your order finished. Yank those coolant pipes off and let's bling em' up.............
I will do that when I get back on the 90' LT5 project. I am now on the 91' LT5 project

I am going to experiment with highlighting the various billet covers etching with Red when I figure out the best way to do that. The Etching on all the fluid caps and especially the Oil Filter Cover was perfect. The AMSOIL on top edge with ZR-1 in the middle and 10W 40 on bottom edge was excellent

If you have the billet TB plates in stock, PM me for a price and we can add that to the present batch.

I want to powder coat the 90' LT5 Cam Covers, Plenum and coolant pipes before I send them your way

Cliff
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012   #14
carter200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
I will do that when I get back on the 90' LT5 project. I am now on the 91' LT5 project

I am going to experiment with highlighting the various billet covers etching with Red when I figure out the best way to do that. The Etching on all the fluid caps and especially the Oil Filter Cover was perfect. The AMSOIL on top edge with ZR-1 in the middle and 10W 40 on bottom edge was excellent

If you have the billet TB plates in stock, PM me for a price and we can add that to the present batch.

I want to powder coat the 90' LT5 Cam Covers, Plenum and coolant pipes before I send them your way

Cliff
Cliff,
Yes, I prefer the coolant pipes be done first before I engrave them. The job turns out some much sweeter. PMing you now......

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
Old 05-21-2015   #15
QMCMSS

where did you get the cap covers was it carter in livermore ca.
QMCMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015   #16
Dynomite

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMCMSS View Post
where did you get the cap covers was it carter in livermore ca.
carter200
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015   #17
carter200

PM sent to QMCMSS...............

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155