ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 04-27-2014   #11
Schrade

Default Re: AIR delete... Who's pulled it? Effect?

Could the AIR pump be ducted to vent underneath the plenum? Additional cooling?

I wondered about a PC tower fan rigged to pull air through the space...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014   #12
Dynomite

Default This is getting toooooo complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrade View Post
Could the AIR pump be ducted to vent underneath the plenum? Additional cooling?

I wondered about a PC tower fan rigged to pull air through the space...
Lets NOT get complicated now.....
That is the reason to delete the Air Induction with Headers....it is just a jumbled up plumbing Air Induction Mess and you can get SW Headers without Air Induction ports and without EGR ports for example.

Will an LT5 run if it is NOT Intact

I know an LT5 will run if it has parts that are Jumbled/Kludged/Ripped
And......purty FAST too

Just having some harmless fun with the boys

Last edited by Dynomite; 04-27-2014 at 06:35 PM.
Dynomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015   #13
Blownrunner

I was running rich on all 4 passenger side cylinders, I assumed because headers were leaking allowing outside air in. It ended up being the air injection tubing, as there are a lot of joints with plastic hose clamps. Removed everything and installed brass plugs on the injector ports on the headers, problem solved.
Blownrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015   #14
USAFPILOT

I bought Stainless Works long tube headers and had them install the AIR and EGR tubes on them. Bolted right up to the factory AIR system and works as advertised. I chose to do that because the emissions equipment is supposed to be there to pass in TX, at least in Houston, TX. However, I am positive I could have deleted it and no technician that has ever tested my car would have known.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015   #15
edram454

florida does not test emissions. no cats, no resonators, tiny mufflers and long tube headers. previous owner disconnected air system. car runs great.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote