ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 02-27-2015   #11
Blownrunner

Default Re: What does the difference between 225 and 375 hp feel like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomite View Post
See Secondary Functional Test and Reconditioning the Secondary Actuators

With Key On........
Find the Pink Wire which is C17 (or pink wire with black strip) on the ECM. Insert a Paperclip along side the Pink wire
and attach a ground wire with Alligator Clip on both ends.
Pin C17 is located in the Green Connector
second connector on the ECM from the passenger side.

Look down on the Passenger Side in the ...........................Look down on the Drivers Side in the
direction of the screw driver (Use a Flashlight). ..............direction of the screw driver (Use a Flashlight).
You will see the shaft of the canister which will ...............You will see the shaft of the canister which will
move toward the FRONT of the engine when ...................move toward the REAR of the engine when
you ground the Alligator Clip (The Front of the ................you ground the Alligator Clip (The Rear of the
engine is to the Right in the Photo
)..................................(engine is to the Right in the Photo).

Yes, thanks for this info. I have been able to verify this using my Snap-On MT2500 scanner also. I can turn the secondaries on, although I have not tried it with the engine running. It will also turn on the fans. I guess it turns on everything the ECM controls for troubleshooting.

I have thought about it and although both fuel pumps work, thinking they can have degraded performance, maybe age or from ethanol. I think back to my injectors. Already had low voltage to the pumps from a bad relay. And two new pumps will only cost about $180. When some people sell their cars, they advertise that it has new fuel pumps, so I will see. Thanks.
Blownrunner is offline   Reply With Quote