Default Re: Tire Balancing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tf95ZR1 View Post
And I win ......

a LT-5 415!

Oh wait, split the award means a 207.5

Thanks anyway.

PS: I wish it was smarts. I'm not in the same league as some
of the guys here. Experience. Getting Older. That's it.
A 207.5 to put in a CHEvette....
Actually that might be pretty fast....

All jokes aside - I do appreciate the help and the experience. One of these days I will learn more and more about this car and be able to help others instead of always asking questions....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #42
WVZR-1

OP - you're the only "winner" here because likely your aggravation will be behind you. It would be good if it is. Did you buy tires through the dealer?

The "learning experience" for all here needs to be that a "relationship" maybe with a tire guy can be very valuable.

I'm disappointed that the dealer maybe didn't offer up a more "personalized" experience but Monday's are "busy". Middle of week might have offered up a different experience.

Not all of us have maybe the lesser threshold for chassis harmonics -
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013   #43
Racinfan83

Yeah I think it has to do with the insurance or something. Its ok - it will be right when it gets done. They are gonna call me when the tires come in. And I learned a lot more stuff about the car - and while I had it up on stands I torqued the oil pan bolts. So I got something accomplished . Thank you for all your help on this thread!
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Old 01-21-2014   #44
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinfan83 View Post
Yeah I think it has to do with the insurance or something. Its ok - it will be right when it gets done. They are gonna call me when the tires come in. And I learned a lot more stuff about the car - and while I had it up on stands I torqued the oil pan bolts. So I got something accomplished . Thank you for all your help on this thread!
I realize that this thread is old but there was a post on the CF today that explained his "personal experience" on his own C4 with a "road-force" operation and he's an "employee there" it seems to reinforce my comments as to "tire rotation on the rim" as I mentioned and no one it seems offered as a possible solution to your situation. It's "first hand" information and I believe informational. He never mentioned brand and since he was able to achieve a 4 lb "force" I'd guess he was made happy.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/1585977956-post3.html

Does it mean you should still have a conversation? For you to decide I guess. With no records recorded other than "tires failed" I'd say maybe someone just didn't want to be bothered. The thread indicates what I mentioned - not always a breeze.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014   #45
Racinfan83

That is definitely some good info there!
And I dunno what I want to do now. I could take it to another shop in the spring that does "Road Force" and spend the $ for it - but if they come up with the same result - "tires failed" - I am then out over $100 to find out the same thing the dealer told me. And if the dealer failed the tires once - chances are they either 1 - would not even do it, or 2 would halfarse do it and come up with same result. So I don't think they are a good option...
I like those Vred's - but the $950 is a bit (lot) steep for me. I was looking at the most recent tire thread the other day - and saw the Nitto 555/555r combo deal at under $600. As ticked off as I was at Nitto and the tech guy there who screwed me (and the tire shop who ordered the tires) - with my financial situation I may have to bite the bullet and order this one just because of PRICE.
I guess what I'm saying is that I could just spend $600 and have new tires with a warranty - OR take a 50/50 chance on spending up to a couple hundred for another RF balance that may either work, or confirm the first finding - and then I'm out a couple hundred $ PLUS the $600 for new ones.
This whole thing has about driven me to the looney bin.....
Old 01-21-2014   #46
Schrade

Some vehicles have a phase balance in the driveline hardware. Pull a D/Shaft, or Half/Shaft, and re-install 180', and it's OUT of balance...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014   #47
Racinfan83

Good idea - but I don't think any of that has ever been apart. I don't know this for certain - but I don't think with 17k miles on it when I got it there would ever have been a reason to remove any of it?