ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 01-07-2014   #11
Schrade

Default Re: where do i buy the best front aor dam

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondchance View Post
I have been running M1 Prowler - a one piece polyurethane spoiler.M1 is quite thicker then OEM piece. I drilled a hole on the lower lip at the pointed end and bolted a 8 mm (I think...) hex so that when I hit the pavement going over driveway/road bolt head would hit the pavement. This averts about 70% of the lip taking the damage. Apart from some scraping which I sand and paint (satin black bumper paint) once or twice a year, this piece can take hits without falling apart.
Check Corvette Central.
Satin Black is what I used on mine too - although it's budget paint Acrylic Latex, durable 'til you scrape it again - water cleanup, and you know you'll have to do it more than once. Spots well, and easy to 'fade' spotting into previous coat, even if you have to put some 800 grit to the dam beforehand...
I'm getting my snappics / threads removed blindly as fast as I can, to get in compliance with copyright / license TOS on the boards here (lots of FSM pages and other copyright / license violations on my part; sorry guys). And thanks to all the guys who didn't whine when I posted those FSM copyrighted / licensed stuff in my threads...

( :thumbsup: [b]and to think I complied with a mod's request to delete a pic of him in a Challenge Car in NCM Museum, so he wouldn't get in hot water)[/b]

Thanks to several guys here for sending parts FREE; BearlyFlying, WeGone, Geezer, GoldCylon, and more there, TonyD, mike100, fletchusmc...

1990 #2794; 4L60e Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless, Power Effects 3"

[IMG]https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-GHpfzty7DVU/UQn-0Ru2xAI/AAAAAAAAA14/08mz1p4QLD4/s445/Screenshot-5.png[/IMG]
Schrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #12
edram454

On my c5 that I just sold 2 days ago, I installed these polyurethane strips that they called "fangs" on the two pieces of metal that hold up the whole cage in the front of the car. That is where the wheels would go if you bought one of those fat mammas or fat daddys.. but the fangs would let the car hit but slide over what ever hit it and would keep the metal from digging in and getting damaged. It was very stout plastic and better than those little training wheels some people use. I learned from that c5 that cars that are lowered too much can be a real pain in the groin.

My zr1 has been lowered but not too low. It is not worth the beating your car will take just to look cooler than the next guy. So far my zr1 has not hit anything that my c5 would have. Look up "fangs" and see if they are made for c4's also. Many c5 owners use them. ed ramos #3028.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014   #13
edram454

just did some research. the fangs are only made for c5,c6 and c7 corvettes. it goes over the skid plates and protects the front ends from damage. dont know what is available for c4.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014   #14
JimZRyd

http://www.customcorvetteaccessories...fattmamma.html

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
1990 Callaway Supernatural 490 / CR-1 #7
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote