ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-12-2013   #1
5ABI VT

Arrow Bored at work made a little iPhone video of exhaust ...

I didn't add more stock clips. I like to tell everyone just search Lincoln town car in YouTube and you'll know what this beast sounds like all choked and muffled up. Makes me want to cry .

http://youtu.be/DS-CTHeoF0A
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #2
4-cam

Default Re: Bored at work made a little iPhone video of exhaust ...

Sounds badazz..... Im currently working on installation of my SW headers install and a FBI style exhaust. Ill post up in a few weeks when she is all done. Cant wait to hear and feel the results. Mine is taking a bit longer as I decided to relearn tig welding at the same time as the installation after a 30 yr absence. I'm welding on Vband clamps for easy removal.
[I]1991 ZR-1 Blk/Gry #31[/I]
[I]SW Headers/Xpipe- Dynomax Muffs[/I]
[I]Ported top end[/I]
[I]Secondaries Removed[/I]
Tune by Dominic

Last edited by 4-cam; 12-13-2013 at 11:27 AM.
4-cam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #3
efnfast

Nice vid. What are you running for fog lights?
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #4
Hog

Beautiful car, just before you started your burnout at 55 seconds, it appeared that you had big drag meats on the back, then as you rolled by you could see you had your streets.
Optical illusion.

What mph did you run. It looked cold, so your were probably making some decent power with that air.

If you ever need to do some work or even change your oil or lube. I have a rack so you can access the underside without ramps or jacks. I live 400 meters from the 401/Sweaburg Road at exit 230. There is a full compliment of hand and air tools with a large compressor, strut/spring compressor, MIG/stock welder, plasma cutter, wheel straightener, tire/wheel machine that balances rims/rubber while on the car(not for your beautiful rims though), overhead chainfall, alignment equipement etc etc.
It was Dad's shop where he did frame straightening for 30 years, so now it just sits, so I'd be tickled to have someone make use of it.

We can go for a spin in the Belair if you wish, its power-pack 283 is rated at 220 gross hp, so about 180 net hp for about 1/2 of what the LT5's did stock lol. Its a 2 door hardtop and when you put all 4 windows down it cruises realy nice.

When I first joined here at the sent out an open invite for help/shop use for anyone who was in the area. That still stands for anyone and everyone. Windsor is about 2 hours South, London is about 1/2 hour South. Kitchener/Cambridge is about 30 minutes NorthEast and Toronto is about 1-1/4 hours NorthEast from Woodtsock. I am about 400 meters from the Sweaburg Road exit 230 of the 401 aka the Macdonald–Cartier Freeway

5ABI, just in case you couldnt tell, I was laying it on thick that I would be honoured to go for take a spin in your car.lol
Regardless, have fun and enjoy that beautiful car, that blue really pops. I'm envious as all heck.

Its a bit dirty in this pic, but here is the rack you just drive in and park. There are little devices that you sit down in and scoot around under the car on. You can see the attach points in teh floor at the back, then the hydraulic rams at the front that can pull front to back. Then there are rams that go on those vertical "posts at the sides, for pulling sideways. There is an overhead hoist as well. Dad designed and built this rack, bench, hoist assembly himself.

ZR-1 Net Registry Member #1494

Last edited by Hog; 12-12-2013 at 01:55 PM.
Hog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #5
5ABI VT

Thx guys yeah the LT5 really sounds awesome at wot people really need to let it breathe. I plan to add a few resonators to the setup, I've experimented with a few types on my 93 that has 4 welded in and 2 race mufflers on top of the 2 B&B mufflers but I know which route I'll probably go. Just want to tune the sound just a little more and it makes it unique which never hurts.

Hog appreciate the offer. I wish I had a shoppe to work ! I tend to work very slow though, I'm not sure if I'd be able to leave my car to do any serious work as it would be there for weeks and the drive to and back would kill me ! I'll keep it in mind if I ever have the need.

I'd be more than happy to take you for a spin if you've driven in a stock zr1 I think you'll be surprised at the sound and feel of mine. With 2 little kids and a demanding wife the hardest thing for me is finding time to myself but I'm sure it'll happen. Next spring/summer I plan to attend more meets inc driving to Carlisle and /or bg.

Air was def cold! Think barely above 0. Ran almost 118 mph with no cool down from the 1.5 hr drive to the track and several runs back to back with almost a full tank. Wanted to see how she ran fully hot and as is driven.

Last edited by 5ABI VT; 12-12-2013 at 08:57 PM.
5ABI VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #6
Bob Eyres

Beautiful car, sounds great. The Corsas seem more high pitched, raspy, than the B&B's I have.
They sure do love the cold air, don't they? 118mph trap speed with just exhaust mods? Strong, even for a 405 hp. car.
Was that night video shot with an iphone? nice.

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote