ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 06-12-2013   #81
XfireZ51

Default Re: endurance record

David,

BTW,

I'm going to be in Dallas area next week beginning Wednesday pm.
1984 Corvette Z-51/4+3 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Aqua/Gray #474 SOLD
1992 Corvette ZR-1 Black Rose/Cognac #458
2014 Honda VFR Interceptor DX
XfireZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #82
Fully Vetted

Oh, man. Unfortunately I'm leaving Tuesday morning for Alaska for 2 weeks. I would've loved to met up. Hopefully you'll be returning soon?

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Fully Vetted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #83
LancePearson

David,
Alaska fun or Alaska work?
Lance
[COLOR=red][I]'91 ZR-1 #00682[/I][/COLOR]
Net Registry #1461
LancePearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013   #84
Fully Vetted

Fun. We will be celebrating both of our birthdays and our 25th anniversary on the boat. Not as brave as Mr. Voter to drive the Z up!

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

FBI Lyposuction / Secondaries relieved of duty / SW Long Tube Headers / Corsa Exhaust / FIC SS Injectors / MSD Coils / Lightweight Pulleys / Corey tuned
B & M Shifter / Aluminum Flywheel / Samco Hoses / Shelby Series One's / C4 No Flex Frame Stiffener

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Custom ZR-1 Center Caps / Custom Plenum Plate / Air Box Knobs / TB Cover / Oil Filter Cover
Old 06-12-2013   #85
LancePearson

Big capitol letters: ENJOY! Congrats to you both. Alaska is on the list.....

Lance
Net Registry #1461
Old 06-12-2013   #86
Fully Vetted

Thank you, Sir. And I will do my best.

1994 AB/Grey #141

430 RWHP/392 RWTQ

BBC - Bling By Carter:
Old 06-12-2013   #87
rkreigh

got to see and sit in a mclearan spyder a few weeks ago and also see a nice grand sport buggati (sold for over 2 mil) I loved the spyder and wish I had the coin!!

GM absolutely should move to a twin turbo DOHC platform soon as many of the worlds finest have (albeit at a much higher price tag). GM new block, crank and reuse most of the ecotec DFT turbo parts and crank up the boost to come up with something in the 700 HP range pretty easily

as many of you remember, John L was piloting a 1200 hp ecotec turbo 4 when he crashed and ultimately died.

a new more exotic vette would be great to "showcase" the technology.

but in the meantime, the sponsorship, planning, and all the substantial administrivia to promote and organize an event is needed.

I'm up for taking the record now (hell, use the nelson DOHC LT5 clone engine, it would work just fine, and he might "sponsor" the engine to get the free R&D)

another concept is like GM, don't just use ONE car. a new modded ZR-1, a Gen 7, maybe the old school ZR-1 plenty of room on the track to have them all hot lap without getting in each others way and that way if one car breaks (likely) you maximize the chances of one of the cars making it.

just renting the track and safety safari is a big chunk of change.

I'd love to see what a nice 415 could do with a few mods to prep it. maybe graham would run John Ls old yellow bird it was capable of 218 and with a few more tweaks could do 210 plus sustained which is what it will take to average 201.

lots of things to think about.

with the 400+ hour durability testing the LT1 and LT5 engines do, there isn't too much doubt that GM builds an engine with enough HP and reliability to do it. the aero, drivetrain, tires, and all the other durability issues come into plan.

the cool thing is that GM builds a variety of "near 200" mph cars bone stock out of the box with the new C6 Z06 and the ZR-1 capable of 205 and then some. lower it, regear it, load up on safety, strip the cats off, and lets see what it will do!!!

and just having the legend there, and having an opportunity for the old c4 ZR-1 to "do it again" would be enough for me. I indeed think it's possible.

just for fun, throw in one of those lemans C6Rs setup right. they definitely have both the speed and durability too.

possibilities are there aren't they?? just need to promote the event, and attract the fold, everything else is feasible, and most of all FUN!!!

hopefully I'll be able to afford to ship the LSV over and make a few laps myself!! I'm not geared for 200, but I'll bet she'll still pull 190 even with the 4.10s and some big ol rear tires
rkreigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013   #88
TCurtner

Quote:
Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
Now, wouldn't it be the nuts to see an old ZR-1 beat the old record.
Oh man...that might be a rallying cry!! Perhaps the forum members could field a car, and we could - as a 'team' - surpass the old record??? What a trip!
Old 10-29-2013   #89
LancePearson

Good idea on the turbos and dohc.

This year's June 30 Pike's Peak International Hill climb with Sebastian Loeb driving a Peugot race car with twin turbo V6 of under 4.0 liter pushing an admitted (may be more) 900 hp destroyed the prior record up the 12 miles by more than a minute. Second to him was Rhys Millen in a Hyundai Genesis with same thing but 4.0 liter twin turbo. Loeb's flat track times? 0-62 mph...1.8 seconds...and to 124 was something like 7 plus seconds. Light weight tube frame race cars with panels hung on them to simulate a production name but man, can you push dohc with turbos.

Lance
Net Registry #1461

Last edited by LancePearson; 10-29-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2013   #90
Kevin

Pirate ZR-1 crew...just like old times.