ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-09-2013   #11
Bob Eyres

Default Re: Z-love at local car show

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan View Post

- And the classic always is, " Didn't the same guy who designed the Corvette, also design the Mustang ? "
Actually, there is a bit of truth in that. A major individual that had a hand in styling the original Stingray, Larry Shinoda, later worked on the design of the Boss 302 Mustang.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #12
Paul in SC

Shows and cruise-ins are a great source of sharing the excitement of our cars. I think the biggest kick I get is when a kid (8-12 yrs) comes up to the car, looks under the clam shell at the motor and goes, "WOW."

Friendships can come out of them as well. A couple of years ago at a local show, I had a guy walk up to the car and he got really excited. He asked how and where I got a Lotus racing engine to put in the Vette. He thought it was a Lotus design but was not familiar with the ZR-1s. He was an SCCA pro racer many, many years ago for the Volvo team and some Porsche dealers and knew all about the DOHC set up that Lotus had at the time. He was blown away by the 32 valve configuration. We talked all about the Z and Lotus, etc. He owns a couple of Porsches (928, 911) and has joined me in a few cruise-ins around town since then. At 75 years young, he does all the work on his cars including just finishing a brake redo on his 928. A good friend with lots of stories to share.

There's much to be said for the waxers and racers in our group for passing along the history and sharing our excitement of owning this unique Corvette. Just trying to do my part in keeping the King alive whenever and wherever I can.
1993 ZR-1 - "The Green Thing", LPE/LSV 385; 2021 HTC, Red Mist Metallic, Cool gray interior, stainless dual stripes; ZR-1 Net Registry #1376
Paul in SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #13
BigJohn

I don't try to correct anyone any more!
I do like to listen to the guys who tell their buddies all about my car.
I just smile and listen.

BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #14
Racinfan83

I have discovered so far that some of the younger crowd are the ones who are the most "into" the ZR-1. Many people don't even give it a second glance - and most that do say something comment on how they like my black chrome wheels - not about the engine...
But that's ok I guess. "Stealth mode"....
[CENTER][COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=4][I][B] **Now Sold** 1990 ZR-1 #2093, Black on Black..[/B][/I][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
Racinfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote