ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 08-31-2012   #31
Kevin

Default Re: So I was at the Ford dealership yesterday...

all cars are disposable these days.
Old 08-31-2012   #32
USAFPILOT

I am still upset with myself for having let go of my 69 Mustang from Highschool and College. It was a fastback, 4spd 302 w/ factory a/c, not a Boss, Mach 1 or Shelby, but so much fun and would have kept on going. I should have bought a new engine when I blew it up instead of selling it. Stupid waterpump went out on me on the freeway and I never noticed it overheating until it seized. It is very important to get to that Metallica Concert in a hurry back then. I guess I disposed of one I shouldn't have.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #33
scottfab

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAFPILOT View Post
I am still upset with myself for having let go of my 69 Mustang from Highschool and College. It was a fastback, 4spd 302 w/ factory a/c, not a Boss, Mach 1 or Shelby, but so much fun and would have kept on going. I should have bought a new engine when I blew it up instead of selling it. Stupid waterpump went out on me on the freeway and I never noticed it overheating until it seized. It is very important to get to that Metallica Concert in a hurry back then. I guess I disposed of one I shouldn't have.
I hear that. I let go of a 67 plain Jane pony car for $1100. Now I see them going for
$3-5k not even running. That's better return than gold.

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #34
robbz28

Well my 67 mustang 3 years ago was ready for the scrap heap...it was ALMOST unrestorable, but I like a challenge. If I was to put that amount of work into anything it would be "like new". Personally I have had nothing but good experiences out of my japanese purchases, though I don't really consider my Tundra a japanese truck, but the others fared well, Really just depends on maintenance and how you drive one. My next truck will probably be another Tundra, I have thoroughly enjoyed the 120k miles I have put on it so far and all I have done to it is change a belt. I guess I just like DOHC 5.7 liter engines...lol, one in the Tundra and one in the Z.
1991 ZR1 #144 421 rwhp 392 rwt
2012 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 5.7 liter
1967 Ford Mustang resto-mod coupe 289 (Sold)
robbz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012   #35
USAFPILOT

thats what I thought about the Titan...DOHC but a 5.6L in 2004. the big Tundra wasn't out yet so I might have chose it given the option.
1994 #293 ZR-1 Stainless Works Long Tube Headers, B&B catback w/ X-Pipe, 18" Shelby Series One Wheels, SLP CAI.
USAFPILOT is offline   Reply With Quote