ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 02-14-2005   #1
Gasman57

Default Paint Protection

Hello Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of TST Paint Protection. I was recently at a dealership (Honda) and the dealer raved about this product. He said that it is guarenteed for 5 years and it goes on the exterior as well as the interior. He wasn't trying to get me to buy it, but just mentioned it in passing. It did sound impressive. I was curious if anyone has heard of this stuff and if it is any good. Thanks, in advance. for any replies. P.S. Their website is TST5k.com
Gasman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #2
Z Factor

Default Re: Paint Protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasman57
Hello Everyone,
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of TST Paint Protection. I was recently at a dealership (Honda) and the dealer raved about this product. He said that it is guarenteed for 5 years and it goes on the exterior as well as the interior. He wasn't trying to get me to buy it, but just mentioned it in passing. It did sound impressive. I was curious if anyone has heard of this stuff and if it is any good. Thanks, in advance. for any replies. P.S. Their website is TST5k.com
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

I have never heard of their product. Years ago there was a product called the "Ming Treatment" that was actually pretty good, and came with an extended warranty. However, many of these formulas/treatments are an expensive means of getting customers who have the lazy gene, and love the durability that they promise. I don't know the cost, but you would need to break it down compared to a quality synthetic like Zaino to see what the actual cost is. Chances are you will be paying much more for this one shot deal, and the quality will not be as good.

Let us know if you get it and what you think.

Z Factor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005   #3
Gasman57

Default Paint Protection

Thanks for the welcome Z-Factor,
I am in the process of ordering a Honda Odyssey mini-van for my wife. The dealer seems to be a pretty good guy. He is giving us this treatment complimentary. The normal cost is $400.-. (that includes interior also) I told him about my ZR-1 (being he's a car guy) and how waxing it is half the fun. But I thought that it might add extra protection on top of the normal care I give. I told him it is a black car with less than 4,000 miles on it. I really plan on driving it more than the last owners did so I was thinking about having it done if I can collect some info. He claims that it would absolutely make the car look better than it ever did. He also said that they would do a complete detailing and prep before applying the process even though the car is in detail condition. Sorry to ramble on but I wanted to give some more background on the subject. I will post if I get some more information or if I decide to do it to the ZR-1. ('95 Black/Beige-Gears and new sneakers coming soon -to start ) Thanks again for the welcome. Will be in touch.
Gasman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #4
greenzr1

OVER THE YEARS THERE HAS BEEN SOME OF THESE PRODUCTS.WORKED VERY WELL FOR 1TO2 YEARS.COST WAS UNDER $100.00.THESE PRODUCTS ARE BEST FOR REG.CARS.SAVE YOUR MONEY--NOT FOR ZR1"S
greenzr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #5
gtabert

My thoughts, this stuff is like snake oil? Nothing works better than the good old hand wash and wax method. Remember, the Honda Dealer, or any other, is in teeh busniess of looking for ways to make an ungodly amount of profit from any product he can sell.
[FONT=Arial]'95 ZR-1 #143[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Comp. Yellow / Black[/FONT]
gtabert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #6
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

I always view such WOW claims with a "jaundice eye". Truth is, lots of stuff out there works well when it is first applied. But, very few will last multiple seasons, incuding summer sun in dusty conditions, and only need a wash and a spritz to look fresh again. And, as a point of fact, NONE of the wax products I've tried stand up to modern polymer polishes, IMO.

So! Get back to us in a couple years, and let us know what you think of it then!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #7
GOLDCYLON

Mop n Glo
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #8
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDCYLON View Post
Mop n Glo
Good name for 'em!

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #9
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabert View Post
My thoughts, this stuff is like snake oil? Nothing works better than the good old hand wash and wax method. Remember, the Honda Dealer, or any other, is in teeh busniess of looking for ways to make an ungodly amount of profit from any product he can sell.

I agree, WASH, CLAY, POLISH, PROTECT (wax or sealant, you decide)

Trust me on this one
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012   #10
Kevin

if you want to do something try wrapping the car with a clear bra? a friend of mine who had a flat black lambo did this. couldn't even tell