ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Corvette > Corvette Audio/Electronics

Old 05-08-2008   #1
White Bullet

Default Dr. Dons the Man!

The the Bose head unit and two amps shipped, repaired, and returned in less than one week. That is outstanding ! I can highly recommend the Doctor, very fair prices and quick repairs. Thanks Doc .
Old 05-09-2008   #2
flyin ryan

Default Re: Dr. Dons the Man!

i know, he's crazy unreal service . awesome guy=D>
Old 05-09-2008   #3
PhillipsLT5

Fixed my Cd W/ upgrade in 1 day
PhillipsLT5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008   #4
John Boothby

I am going to send my Bose unit in to Dr. Don's this week along with the front speakers. I just want a link to the radio and speaker removal/install instructions that I know exist somewhere in this site. I found the one where you can buy the instructions, but I thought I saw where a member explained how to do this from his experience.

I just completed a plenum r&r to replace my secondary vac lines; switch and actuators. I used Jeff's instructions in the maintenance section and found them very clear and easy. Car runs great! Now that all the mechanical stuff was done, I thought that I would tackle the CD and speaker problem.

Thanks for a great website! Great folks always ready to help a fellow zroner!!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008   #5
jk1

This is what I found when replacing my amps and speakers:

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/frontspeaker.htm

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/amp2.htm
jk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #6
LT5-Lee

Another Satisfied Dr.Don customer!

Something BLOWbama & Hilary are trying to accomplish now at the UN with the "Global Small Arms Treaty"
LT5-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #7
GOLDCYLON

Thumbs up Re: Dr. Dons the Man!

I have never heard a bad comment from anyone on his services!!!
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009   #8
scottfab

One area to look at after a rework of the CD/Radio is the CD head ribbon.
If it is left up too high it rubs on the circuit board and wears through.
The head ribbon is the small flexible ribbon that caries the wiring to the
CD read head. It flexes each time he head seeks in and out.
It's an easy inspection. Just look in the CD slot with a flash light.
The ribbon shoud come straight back out of the head. It should not be bent upward even slightly

Vett owner since 1979._It's about the car and the people
scottfab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #9
tomtom72

I would also like the brothers to know a bit about Dr.Don's warr service.

They are way beyond what they have to be, JMHO. I sent back my head unit after it was almost a yr out of date and they fixed it no charge!!!!

It failed about six months after it was repaired & I was too lazy to take it back out & return it. I thought I could live without the CD....anyway I called & explained the situation. Dr. Don got a laugh at my laziness & said send it back, we have to make it right. I offered to split it with them because I waited. He said I'll call you if something comes up. One week and my head unit came back, no charge.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009   #10
flyin ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
I would also like the brothers to know a bit about Dr.Don's warr service.

They are way beyond what they have to be, JMHO. I sent back my head unit after it was almost a yr out of date and they fixed it no charge!!!!

It failed about six months after it was repaired & I was too lazy to take it back out & return it. I thought I could live without the CD....anyway I called & explained the situation. Dr. Don got a laugh at my laziness & said send it back, we have to make it right. I offered to split it with them because I waited. He said I'll call you if something comes up. One week and my head unit came back, no charge.

Tom
doesn't surprise me at all. the guy knows what customer service is all about. TWO