ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-08-2008   #1
racelance

Default '94 ZR-1 - Carlisle Auction (August 22-23, 2008)

I wanted to share with you guys that I'll be letting go of our '94 ZR-1 during the Corvettes at Carlisle auction this year. It's sad to go into our garage and see the ZR-1 in the corner not being used. This car is meant to be driven! Somebody will own it after this auction, it's no reserve. Check it out by visiting the CarlisleAuctions.com website.

I hope to see you guys soon!

Cheers,

Lance
[B][COLOR=red]Sign up to find out the latest that Carlisle Events has to offer: [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://newsletters.carlisleevents.com/"][B][COLOR=red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][B][COLOR=red]![/COLOR][/B]
racelance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #2
petefias

Default Re: '94 ZR-1 - Carlisle Auction (August 22-23, 2008)

Lance,

is that the only car going on the auction block from the Miller collection?

I remember your dad commenting on my ZR1 up at Pocono. When I asked him if he had a ZR1, told me my son does. He had this pride in his voice when he talked about you. I thought he said it was a 95, I guess my memory is not like it used to be. Chip was one of the nicest guy I met up at "rainy and cold" Pocono. I am fortune to have met him.

I was at Dave's event and had the "pleasure" to give you a point by for that awsome Challenge car. It sure was flying. I think I clocked it at a low 50's once, compared to my measly 1:04. Are you bringing it up at Memorial Day?

I'll keep an eye out for that '94, it would make a great stable mate for mine.

Peter '95 #442 (red/red)
petefias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #3
racelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by petefias
Lance,

is that the only car going on the auction block from the Miller collection?

I remember your dad commenting on my ZR1 up at Pocono. When I asked him if he had a ZR1, told me my son does. He had this pride in his voice when he talked about you. I thought he said it was a 95, I guess my memory is not like it used to be. Chip was one of the nicest guy I met up at "rainy and cold" Pocono. I am fortune to have met him.

I was at Dave's event and had the "pleasure" to give you a point by for that awsome Challenge car. It sure was flying. I think I clocked it at a low 50's once, compared to my measly 1:04. Are you bringing it up at Memorial Day?

I'll keep an eye out for that '94, it would make a great stable mate for mine.

Peter '95 #442 (red/red)
Peter-

You're memory isn't going bad... I have a yellow '95 ZR-1, the '94 was my father's car. I take my car out every now & then for enjoyment. I'll never get rid of that one, I really love it! I've always been a ZR-1 fanatic and I'll always continue being one!

Life is good,

Lance

PS thanks for your kind note.
[B][COLOR=red]Sign up to find out the latest that Carlisle Events has to offer: [/COLOR][/B][URL="http://newsletters.carlisleevents.com/"][B][COLOR=red]CLICK HERE[/COLOR][/B][/URL][B][COLOR=red]![/COLOR][/B]
Old 05-08-2008   #4
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Lance,

That car will get top bidding... Not only because of who owned it, but the condition it is in!

We are hoping to have the GM collection there @ Carlisle again with that 2009 Z @ our tent. Should hear more from Gary in the next few weeks on it.

Cheers

David
94 #150
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008   #5
racelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZZZR1
Lance,

That car will get top bidding... Not only because of who owned it, but the condition it is in!

We are hoping to have the GM collection there @ Carlisle again with that 2009 Z @ our tent. Should hear more from Gary in the next few weeks on it.

Cheers

David
94 #150
David-

I agree, the ZR-1's have been flat for quite sometime. However the good cars still bring decent money, I'm not too worried about it - it'll bring what the fair value is that day. On another note, I had a conference call with Harlan and Gary today. Things are really coming together for another stellar event this year! I'm pumped!

Life is good,

Lance
Old 05-09-2008   #6
zr1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by racelance
I wanted to share with you guys that I'll be letting go of our '94 ZR-1 during the Corvettes at Carlisle auction this year. It's sad to go into our garage and see the ZR-1 in the corner not being used. This car is meant to be driven! Somebody will own it after this auction, it's no reserve. Check it out by visiting the CarlisleAuctions.com website.

I hope to see you guys soon!

Cheers,

Lance
Whomever buys this ZR-1 would have the honor of owning a car once owned by one of the nicest gentleman I have ever met and has my utmost respect.
NCM Lifetime Member
zr1mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008   #7
racelance

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1mom
Whomever buys this ZR-1 would have the honor of owning a car once owned by one of the nicest gentleman I have ever met and has my utmost respect.
Dave-

I feel the exact same way - thank you! I was fortunate to have such a wonderful best friend, mentor & father all wrapped up into one. As he would say... LIFE IS GOOD!

Cheers,

Lance