ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-21-2023   #1
Black Red '90

Default Antenna Issue After Pulling Radio Fuse

The ZR-1 recently shut off on me while driving. I found the 10 amp primary fuel pump fuse blown so I swapped the 10 amp radio fuse and it fired back up. Not wanting to risk anything, I installed the jumper harness bought from GOLDCYLON (worked perfect!). The pumps were proactively replaced three years ago with Delphi units, so I wasn't thrilled about the situation and didn't feel like working on it myself. Into the shop the car went and I orderd the Lingenfelter fuel pump kit this time.

When the tech put the 10 amp radio fuse back in, I saw the antenna cycle 3 times. The key was in the ignition but in the OFF position. I pulled the key and the antenna continued to cycle 2 more times. The car has been home for several days without issue. However, I just got home and found the antenna up. I haven't touched the car at this point. Any suggestions where to start? Thanks

Last edited by Black Red '90; 09-21-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Black Red '90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023   #2
Black Red '90

Default Re: Antenna Issue After Pulling Radio Fuse

Well I started with the simple solution....unhooking the battery. The antenna didn't go down and I heard the relay clicking. When I opened the door, the radio was making a slight buzz as well. Powering on/off didn't help either issue. Pulling the radio fuse again did. It looks like the relay might be stuck on.
Black Red '90 is offline   Reply With Quote