ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-10-2011   #1
mgbrv8

Default Vettes and jets on the lex

This is a great event I sure hope I can see some of you guys here.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 040.jpg (24.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 071.jpg (115.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 089.jpg (51.1 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by mgbrv8; 09-12-2011 at 10:09 PM.
mgbrv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #2
mgbrv8

Default Re: Vettes and jets on the lex

Here are some of the pics of the Z on the Lex. She looked great Mr B and she was the only c4 Z on the deck out of 350 vettes.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 104.jpg (72.7 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 122.jpg (87.7 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by mgbrv8; 09-11-2011 at 03:01 AM.
Old 09-11-2011   #3
mgbrv8

This is the last day of the event. Two years ago I was going to bring my Z to this event when my throwout bearing failed the day before the event. Its been a long journey repairing that correctly and number of other small things. I couldn't have done it without the help of all you guys. I want to sincerely thank all of you that took the time to help me out with all of my questions and comments. I have had a blast with all of the interest and questions about the car specially sense its surrounded by literary hundreds of great corvette, some are extraordinary. I have done my best to represent the brotherhood at this very special event.

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vettes and jetts 2011 186.jpg (80.6 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by mgbrv8; 09-11-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 09-11-2011   #4
WB9MCW

Great Job Dave!
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #5
mike100

How long did it take to get your car in place? how many do they elevate at a time?
mike100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011   #6
mgbrv8

It took 1.5 Hrs to load 350 vettes and 1hr to unload them. And they fit 14 vettes on the elevator at a time. It was a real blast

Dave
Old 09-12-2011   #7
QB93Z

Thanks for posting the pictures Dave. It must have been a real thrill to participate in that eveny. I really want to do it some day!

Jim
QB93Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #8
Hammer

Talking Re: Vettes and jets on the lex

Thanks for posting Dave. Car looks great.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][I]2015 ZL1 [/I][I]Camaro #1121 BLACK/BLACK 6 SPD (540 RWHP)[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
[I][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1]1991 ZR-1 #458 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK 72[/COLOR]k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])
1991 ZR-1 #473 [COLOR=red]RED/[/COLOR][COLOR=black]BLACK [/COLOR]37k miles ([B][COLOR=red]SOLD[/COLOR][/B])[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011   #9
mgbrv8

Thanks Mr B

My girlfriend made me a poster with some of the pics from the trip dad and I took in the Z and put that under the back glass. I also wrote up a little paragraph to explain the trip and put them on the side windows.

The paragraph I put on the side windows
"What you are looking at isn’t just a ZR1 it’s the ZR1 that a father and son took a once in a life time adventure in. Two years ago I purchased the car in Idaho and from there my father and I proceeded through 31 states we visited 55 museums and the Oshkosh airshow for a week and traveled 10740miles over a span of 8 weeks. Why did I pick a ZR1 you may ask, because I have admired them sense I was in middle school. We met so many corvette enthusiasts and collectors on the way each one filled with facts and knowledge about my purchase. The ZR1 enthusiasts I met on the way were something very special. Their willingness to help or lend a hand or generously share a cherished spare part just to maintain the breed was something I’m not use to in the other corvette communities. It made me understand that I wasn’t just buying another vette I was joining a brotherhood. Only in this country could my father and I have this kind of adventure. We understand that this freedom isn’t free and are forever in the debt of all of those that risked their lives and made the ultimate sacrifice. I have to say when dad and I pull in the drive after our 8 week odyssey we really weren’t ready to be home. I want to believe the ZR1 had something to do with that, it turned a trip into a stirring tale of scenic venues, amusing characters and unforgettable moments filled full of wonder and excitement. It turned miles into extraordinary memories. "

Thanks again For all the help guys

Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg collage.jpg (137.3 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-12-2011   #10
ZZZZZR1
Banned
BANNED

Dave

Very cool story!!!!!

Would you consider writing an article of that 10k mile adventure with your dad????

David
ZZZZZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote