ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > Off Topic > OFF TOPIC

Old 04-06-2012   #11
phrogs

Default Re: Rut Roh E-15 soon

None of our older cars are going to work with this crap! Why oh why do they continue to shove this down our throats with Zero research.

I have fuel injectors that have been ruined by ethonal, I have aluminum fuel tanks in my Ferrari that are being ruined by ethonal. There is no non ethonal anywhere near me and I'm in Michigan.

The EPA really wants to destroy the car hobby don't they, ******* tools have no clue.

Currently own

90 ZR-1 #845 DRM 500 engine package

90 #226 Parts car Hit me up if you need anything.
phrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #12
ZONER 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
no, but you don't get a collection worth hundreds of millions without knowing a few numbers to call when things don't go your way
I agree......
95 ZR-1 #178
Black/Beige
Dunn Heads
ZONER 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #13
tomtom72

Oh, this again. I thought SEMA had lobbied to kill this idea? I guess not eh?

The basic question of fuel system incompatibility not with standing, can anyone at the EPA or anywhere in the government explain to me the answer to this Q: Why is it advantageous to use farm land to augment motor fuel production instead of using that land for food production? I know I'm a bit dim witted, but I still don't get the reasoning?

If it's to cut our dependency upon imported crude oil, then why don't we just figure out way to drill safely ( low environmental impact methods ) on our land for crude oil? Also, it occurs to me that perhaps we could do with a few more refineries to make motor fuel, no?

okay I'm sorry for asking those questions here fellers! It just frosts me that from the outside looking in, there appears to be no critical thinking on this subject.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #14
VetteMed

Sounds to me like the greenies, including the doofus in the white house, want to make gasoline as unappealing as possible. How to do this?

Make it expensive.
Make it perform poorly.
Make it damaging to the vehicles that need it.

Sounds like the perfect plan for these dipchits that want to do the thinking for us.
1991 ZR-1 #302 White/Gray (sold)
1991 ZR-1 #1147 Red/Saddle (sold)
VetteMed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #15
efnfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetteMed View Post
Sounds to me like the greenies, including the doofus in the white house, want to make gasoline as unappealing as possible. How to do this?

Make it expensive.
Make it perform poorly.
Make it damaging to the vehicles that need it.

Sounds like the perfect plan for these dipchits that want to do the thinking for us.
But I need someone to think for me. I can't do that alone. I also need someone to support me, I can't do that alone either.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012   #16
Paul Workman

Location: Squires (near Ava MO in the Mark Twain N'tl Forest) - Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtom72 View Post
Oh, this again. I thought SEMA had lobbied to kill this idea? I guess not eh?

The basic question of fuel system incompatibility not with standing, can anyone at the EPA or anywhere in the government explain to me the answer to this Q: Why is it advantageous to use farm land to augment motor fuel production instead of using that land for food production? I know I'm a bit dim witted, but I still don't get the reasoning?

If it's to cut our dependency upon imported crude oil, then why don't we just figure out way to drill safely ( low environmental impact methods ) on our land for crude oil? Also, it occurs to me that perhaps we could do with a few more refineries to make motor fuel, no?

okay I'm sorry for asking those questions here fellers! It just frosts me that from the outside looking in, there appears to be no critical thinking on this subject.

Tom
It is a HUGE sham. Not only does it remove food from the supply, but IT TAKES MORE ENERGY TO PRODUCE A GALLON OF ETHANOL THAN THE ETHONOL PRODUCES. WHERE DOES THIS ENGERGY TO PRODUCE IT COME FROM? (HINT...IT AIN'T WIND POWER!).

This is another classic example of big $$$ lobiests geting behind whatever GREEN initiative they can that will stuff their pockets. They, and certainly (by example) the government and politicians especially (make that specifically) are hell bent on whatever is good for them as individuals and to hell with the rest of us lowly citizens!!

Need to call, write, bitch like hell to get this stopped!! This ethonol is a total BS scam!!!

P.

90 #1202
"FBI" top end ported & relieved
Cam timing by "Pete the Greek"
Sans secondaries
Chip & dyno tuning by Haibeck Automotive
SW headers, X-pipe, MF muffs

Former Secretary, ZR-1 Net Registry
Paul Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #17
tomtom72

Yes Paul, you are right! It reminds me of something I saw about 6 or more years ago one night on CNBC's "Kudlow and Kramer" show, that's a blast from the past. They were discussing GE Capitol's submission for a SEC license to make a market in Carbon Credits! They actually wanted to be the first to start an exchange board in our country for trading carbon credits! What the heck was that all about?! MONEY! Hummmmm, I thought that was a bunch of B.S. back then along with the idea of trying to use ethanol as a motor fuel back then. Heck even the CART cars used to use methanol because it was cheaper and more efficient than ethanol & easier to put out if it caught fire that racing gas!
IDK, sometimes I think the older I get, the stupider I get! But then I see bogus stuff like this going down, or trying to be shoved down our collective throats and I start to wonder do the big shots really think we are all asleep? I know what I'm doing about it in November.

Tom
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #18
John Boothby

My father was in the service station business all his life (Shell). One of my uncles owned a Dodge/Chrysler dealership in Monmouth, Ill and one of my uncles owned a transmission shop in Elgin, Ill. I remember all of them talking back in the 50's/60's about a carburator that would get 50-100 mpg but the oil companies bought up the patent. Also, the rumor goes, the oil companies would buy up any patent that would extend fuel milage. This was back in the 50's/60's! I believe that the oil companies now are also involved in stiffling any great advances in extended milage technology. You cannot tell me that with todays computers and fuel injection technology that they cannot build an engine that will get 100+ mpg and have decent performance!
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #19
efnfast

John, I agree 100%. But, its good business for the oil companies to buy this stuff up. Quite a shame, but you know it happens. See my post earlier, a 1972 Honda Civic got 50 mpg. Uh, we can't do that anymore?????
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012   #20
John Boothby

Yea, I firmly believe that Big Oil has conspired to keep extended milage technology out of the main stream production vehicles.

I was stationed on Okinawa in 1966-67 and remember Honda had a small sports car kinda like the MG Miget or sprite that was chain drive and had a motorcycle engine. It could not be imported into the US due the prevailing safety standards. Also, I remember when the Civic was introduced into the US. It was so small and cheaply built it was a joke. But, it did get 50 or more mpg! And it did sell.

All politics aside, the US only has 2% of the world's oil reserves and consumes 20% of the world's supply. So, does'nt common sense say that drill-baby-drill will not solve our problem? It might solve the short term, but what about long term?
1990 #148 Red/Saddle
Haibeck AYBKG5 Chip/RC Engineering/Flowmasters/K&N/Samco/Fuzzy Dice
:cheers:
John Boothby is offline   Reply With Quote