ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 05-04-2021   #1
Ccmano

Default Coast to coast Vehicle Transport?

Who are you guys using to do long distance vehicle transport? My son needs to ship a car (not a Z but a collector car) from Atlanta to Reno. I know Reliable is sort of the standard. What's everyone using?

How about escrow services for payment? Any recommendations?
H
90'ZR-1 #1461 Red/Black
Ported Intake, Degreed Cams, OBX Headers & Exhaust, Fidanza FW, Secondary Delete, Custom tune, C6 GS Wheels. Sold
08 C6 Z51 Crystal Red Metallic Sold Vararam Intake, Tune, Sold
05 C6 Z51 Red/Black Sold
90'ZR-1 #1723 Black/Gray Sold but not forgotten
91' Z51 L98 White Vert. My First, you always remember your first. Sold.
Ccmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021   #2
RodB

Default Re: Coast to coast Vehicle Transport?

I sold a ?74 roadster a few years ago to a guy from Louisiana. He arranged the transport so I don?t have first hand knowledge of cost but Gran Turismo motorsports handled it for him. Only issue I had was his car sitting in my garage for nearly a month awaiting the pickup. (Middle of nowhere in West Virginia might have something to do with the delay) Talked with him after receipt and he was pleased with their service. The driver was very congenial and careful with the load and the rig was a clean enclosed double deck trailer. I?ve never used a transport service before but this one worked well for us.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
RodB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021   #3
AndrewL

I used Reliable and Montway to shipy car from North Carolina to Illinois and then internally within Illinois.

Reliable had the easiest and clearest communication, I had to do a bit of chasing at my end to ensure the contracted Montway driver kept my pickup and location contacts updated.

I think Montway just acts as an agent and contracts to subcontractors but may be proven wrong.
AndrewL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021   #4
ram_g

I've done it twice in the last year. First time was with Reliable and it was quick, clean, and easy. The second time, Reliable gave me an estimate of ~3 weeks before the car could be picked up, and I succumbed to the seller telling me he had an agent who could arrange shipping for less money and quicker. In the end it was more expensive, took just as long as Reliable told me initially, and the car arrived dirty. Next time I would go back to Reliable.
ram_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021   #5
doctorjay61

I actually bought my Z from a forum member in Reno. Had the car shipped to NJ and used Intercity Lines and had a great experience with them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
doctorjay61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021   #6
tgonyaw

I used Montway to and from Haibeck. Both drivers were careful and focused on the car and customer. The last guy had just picked up his new enclosed trailer in GA. Still new inside.
I didn't check with the other transports on Marc's sight. I would call them again.
tgonyaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021   #7
bowtiguy

I got quotes from Reliable, Passport, Intercity and one other. The $45 Hagerty drivers club membership saved me $600 getting my Z shipped from NJ to Colorado last March via Reliable. They shipped my C6Z from Kerbeck to Dallas in 08' for the same price ($1700).
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021   #8
Z51JEFF

I used Intercity to ship my car from Ga to Ca,not the cheapest but definitely worth it. I paid a premium to ensure my car went into the front of the truck and didn't move until I got the car.
Z51JEFF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021   #9
BigJohn

That?s what you think; they may change carrier teams as many as three times!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021   #10
bowtiguy

Our "local" reliable driver ( Art) is based in Colorado springs. He drove to long island and picked up 4 cars. After delivering mine, he delivered 2 of the remaining 3 cars to friends of mine.

One month later he drove down and back to Odessa, TX to pick up a 64' coupe, 64' fuelie vert and Mr. Norms last Race hemi car for my buddy Dave. He remembered delivering my CR1 when asked about it and told my buddy to tell me HI!

Your experience may vary...

Last edited by bowtiguy; 05-10-2021 at 03:03 PM.
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote