ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 03-03-2021   #41
GrayZ

Default Re: 2021 GATHERING?

I disagree with no gathering, how long are we to, hide at home ?? I refuse, life is short, we'll do it next year. Well, next year might not come. I was really looking forward to Bowling Green.
Is the Museum open ?? Is it because, alot of our members are older ? Because i'm older than dirt. Fought cancer, won,

(so far) I get it to a point, my wife's parents have barely left their house since, last March. I'm putting it in God's hands, i say, if you are scared of the virus, stay at home.
If the Museum, is open for business, and will allow a Gathering, Let's go.

Last edited by GrayZ; 03-03-2021 at 10:59 AM.
GrayZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021   #42
-=Jeff=-

Well, considering the event is mid May and it is March already, there is not enough time to plan it out properly..
1990 Corvette ZR-1 #1051
Watson Headers (2" Primary) - 3" Magnaflow Bullet cats - LT4 Catback
Late Model IH - Plenum
Coilovers - 4.10s
Custom Interior
NCM Lifetime Member #978
-=Jeff=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021   #43
Mr.Yuck

The Gatherings are some of my best memories. Our organisation does a outstanding job every time I've attended and no one wants to have the Gathering more than them. Our organisation the ZR-1 Net Registry does hold a certain liability because of the current climate in the world regardless of our opinions. I would hate to see our organisation come under any legal scrutiny from the standpoint of covid-19 because of some unsavoury claims after the fact. It would have a direct effect on future Gatherings involving more hurdles for all of us. Optimistically we will have our arms around this whole thing more and more as time goes on. Until then I will be gathering and social distanceing from behind the wheel of my ZR-1 because it's not hard to put 6 feet in between the cars Behind me.

Sent from my SM-N981U using ZR-1 Net Registry mobile app
Mr.Yuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021   #44
bowtiguy

I plan to visit the NCM sometime between now and the end of April ( for the first time) to see the Ed Roth exhibit before it closes.

The decision to not have a ZR-1 gathering just made it easier for me to commit to towing the car from Colorado to PA for Carlisle ( another first for me) as I doubt I would have done both in one year.

With this in mind, Carlisle should be HUGE this year! I look forward to bringing the new car there and meeting like minded covid- neutral car lovers.
bowtiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021   #45
DRM500RUBYZR-1

With 500,000 + Lives lost here in the US in just one year today, I will admit to being somewhat frightened.
Not hiding in the basement or wearing 10 masks at a time, but certainly avoiding what I would phrase as "risky behavior", which last year included touching your own eye.
Things are improving rapidly, so another few months of cautious behavior certainly cannot hurt.
I am pleased and relieved that we have gone a year without seemingly losing any of our members to that destructive virus whose origin surely does not seem completely accidental.
Like all of you, looking forward to getting back to all that once was so normal, that now is so missed.
Stay well boys and girls!

Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021   #46
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1 View Post
With 500,000 + Lives lost here in the US in just one year today, I will admit to being somewhat frightened.
Not hiding in the basement or wearing 10 masks at a time, but certainly avoiding what I would phrase as "risky behavior", which last year included touching your own eye.
Things are improving rapidly, so another few months of cautious behavior certainly cannot hurt.
I am pleased and relieved that we have gone a year without seemingly losing any of our members to that destructive virus whose origin surely does not seem completely accidental.
Like all of you, looking forward to getting back to all that once was so normal, that now is so missed.
Stay well boys and girls!

Marty

Well said, Marty. Couldn't agree more. We'll eventually be able to get together unless states like Texas and other no-mask ones have a resurgence. For them I have only one word: Darwin. Hope to see some car shows this spring and summer.--Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021   #47
BigJohn

Sadan er livet!
BigJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021   #48
DRM500RUBYZR-1

Not necessarily.
It could be "that's death".
Just ask the 500,000
Marty
DRM500RUBYZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021   #49
Vetman

Of the 500,000 very few died from COVID 19, but rather heart conditions pneumonia and other compromising conditions. Death from flue in the past was always reported, not from flue but rather heart, pneumonia, lung disease etc. Reporting this number as the press is doing is done to spread fear as it has so successfully done.

I?m not suggesting we shouldn?t be careful, especially around the elderly, nursing homes etc. But I have no doubt, as statistics prove, very few of these deaths were from COVID. No one knows how many of the 500,000 would be dead at this point if COVID did not exist. My uncle at 85 got a severe nose bleed, was hospitalized and put in the COVID section of the hospital. He was tested for COVID after being admitted and was negative. He died 5 days later and became a COVID statistic. Go figure $$$$$

Things are not always as the press make things appear.
2011 cts-v 556 HP, manual 6 speed
1955 chev 2dr ht PP 265 3 speed w/OD
Vetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021   #50
WARP TEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetman View Post
Of the 500,000 very few died from COVID 19....
That is simply not correct and flies in the face of all the science available. This is probably not a good forum for comments like this. --Bob
2016 Long Beach Red Z06 #10281 "POPS Z"
1995 Polo Green #409 "WARP TEN"--Haibeck 350/510 package, 4.10s, Hurst, Stock Exhaust with QTP Cutouts
--Sold but still running strong
1993 Quasar Blue #161 "HIL KING"
--Sold but still running strong, now with more than 120,000 miles
1967 Marlboro Maroon/Saddle Corvette Coupe 300 hp/4-spd
--Sold a long time ago
ZR-1 Net Registry Founding Member #95
NCM Lifetime Member
Favorite Quote--Attributed to Mickey Thompson:
"Too Much Horsepower is Almost Enough"
WARP TEN is offline   Reply With Quote