Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 12-11-2019   #11
spork2367

Default Re: A Sad Day for Car guys and Gals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagdpanzer View Post
Very sad news
Just renewed my subscription to Hot Rod and Carcraft
Have to admit content is not what it used to be from back in the day.

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry
I love a good magazine in my hands and have a subscription to four of the magazines being discontinued.

I however spend more time on motortrend's streaming app than I do in the magazines anymore. Magazine content is blah and lacking the back and forth commentary provided by many of the shows. That combined with the fact that 50% of the magazine is ads and I'm not surprised at this move. Besides, the entire motorsport publication industry is like the same 100 people just constantly moving from one publication to another. Not very fresh in my opinion.

If a picture is worth 1000 words, a video is worth 1000 pictures. I get way more out of the shows than the magazines. Still a sad day.
spork2367 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019   #12
Bob Eyres

Default A Sad Day for Car guys and Gals

I started reading Sports Cars Illustrated (Car and Driver’s original name), and Hot Rod in the very early sixties. Anything with fast Chevys.
Along with Road and Track, Those two were the best written.
There were a lot of Corvette mags over the years, of very uneven quality.
As a TV guy, I knew that eventually this kinetic hobby would best be served by Video. First by broadcast (NASCAR, NHRA, etc.), then cable with Jay Leno’s show, Top Gear, and more live racing. And now with YouTube, where any car freak with a smart phone and a vehicle can easily have his own show.
There comparatively aren’t many clips about C4 ZR-1’s on line, but that’s just not a “Mass Market”. But other cars, ( like my BMW 335i) have extensive library’s of DIY fixit and performance clips. So much so that I wouldn’t even own the car without “Vehicular DIY” to refer to. Maybe we can put a lot more C4 ZR-1 fixit and Mod it videos on YouTube.

All but the best Car Mags may be
Dead soon, but we are in the Golden Age of Information. And now we can see and HEAR these beasts howl, and even take a ride in them online. I’m ancient, but I’m diggin’ it. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using ZR-1 Net Registry

1991 ZR-1 White/Black #1236 (Owner since 1994).
Stock engine with bolt-ons: Hurst shifter,"Forced Air" intake, Coplon duct, Bee Cool Radiator, Demon coils, Jeal prom, Watson headers, X pipe, 3" B&B's, Rippie flywheel, 4:10 gears, A molds, Toyo Proxes-R888's 12.06@117mph. 1.76 60ft.

Last edited by Bob Eyres; 12-17-2019 at 10:21 AM.
Bob Eyres is offline   Reply With Quote