ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 07-26-2013   #21
JimZRyd

Default Re: c4 steering wheel

I'd definitely be interested in one of these and think a group buy if possible would maybe save a few$. That's quite a difference in what's quoted above...699 vs 465??

That's is a super nice wheel Jano! Beautiful!

1994 ZR-1 Admiral Blue/Black #245
1996 Callaway Supernatural 450
JimZRyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #22
Z51JEFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
That's about 465.00 then shipping....great deal. One thing I can say is you can't beat the HQ German leather or workmanship quality.
Let me know what you want me to proceed Jano.

Thanks'
The work coming out of DSV,leather included can match quality from anywhere.I can honestly say its one of the few times Ive actually been happy with the quality of a part.Just dont send them your wheel in the original box from an NOS wheel that you've had for years.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013   #23
RICKYRJ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZRyd View Post
I'd definitely be interested in one of these and think a group buy if possible would maybe save a few$. That's quite a difference in what's quoted above...699 vs 465??

I agree like to see a price on a group buy. Thanks in advance for the effort, Frankie
RICKYRJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #24
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimZRyd View Post

For 699. DSV can make a copy of the German made (Jano's) wheel. For 350 EU @ 465.00 USD plus shipping Jano got his wheel. I would imagine shipping to the US at 40-60 dollars maybe more.

As agreed all ready ,I'm going with Jano's wheel. I like the craftsmanship and design of the German wheel. Nothing against DSV just my preferance.If someone want's to start taking name's for the group buy with DSV , by all mean's please do.

DSV contacted me on a GB as follows :
Hi,
Minimum quantity for a group buy would be 10 steering wheels, and we could replicate them like in the picture. To the $699 price, we could apply a 15% discount, so they would run $594.
Thanks and let me know.
Lino

NCM Lifetime member # 982
Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #25
WVZR-1

Everyone needs to understand that's the '94 - '95 steering wheel and doesn't mean that they can do similar for the '90 - '93 steering wheel. You could assume yes BUT there is a dramatic difference in the steering wheels. The vendor I would think needs to be supplied a steering wheel with functional horn buttons to evaluate!

Hey Frank - I'll look into your request BUT I believe without "disabling" the SIR it's not possible.

Hello Jano - that's a very nice looking piece and the quality seems to speak for itself. Knowing the size of the container it was in shipped to you and your experience with ordering parts from the US what would you expect the shipping from the US to you would be for someone to ship an early steering wheel to be evaluated by the vendor? I've got one I might give up for evaluation if there was interest.

Last edited by WVZR-1; 07-27-2013 at 05:00 AM.
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #26
janozr1

I got another wheel in bad condition from ebay for 40$ and shipping was arround 30 $ with US postal service , it takes to get here 10-12 days , shipp. quote and wheel value together mus cost under 105$ that is free coustom duty limit for europe.Or writte that you are shipping 20$ gift.......
I belive that shipp. back to you will be same cost with EUpostal service ....
Few weeks ago i send CHIP to mr.Haiback ,it cost 6,5 EU there and 14$ back here.......
So my opinium is to buy another cheap wheel ,send me here for renovation and save original for.............next generations
FU will get one in next 3weeks and than will be all clear abouth ?
jano
janozr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #27
FU

Jano , I still want the German made steering wheel. But I have to get the part number's straight. There are 2 part number's for steering wheels.
90-93 + 94-96 steering wheel part number's look to be different.
Thank you for the save Dave Good to have you here !

Registry Founding # 237
FU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #28
WVZR-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FU View Post
Jano , I still want the German made steering wheel. But I have to get the part number's straight. There are 2 part number's for steering wheels.
90-93 + 94-96 steering wheel part number's look to be different.
Thank you for the save Dave Good to have you here !
There's actually three steering wheels. I believe that one can be made to do the '90 - '93 but I haven't actually attempted the change from one to the other.

Frank - I didn't want to "point you out" because I didn't know if you had a new acquisition or NOT so I just pointed it out here and later today was going to email you with the question of "your intent"? I'll email you later anyway!
WVZR-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #29
janozr1

I know that , Im talkinkg ahouth 94,95,96 C4 whells they are all same,
also airbags are same ...Im offering my old 94 wheel for processing in new
sport look..

90-93 whells are easilly to changes in sport look because they allready have german look
sample

FU which year Z you have ?
janozr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013   #30
FU

Quote:
Originally Posted by janozr1 View Post
FU which year Z you have ?
Jano , The one I need is for a 1994.

Registry Founding # 237