PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Dons the Man!

White Bullet
05-08-2008, 10:34 PM
The the Bose head unit and two amps shipped, repaired, and returned in less than one week. That is outstanding :D ! I can highly recommend the Doctor, very fair prices and quick repairs. Thanks Doc:cheers: .

flyin ryan
05-09-2008, 01:12 AM
i know, he's crazy unreal service:jawdrop: . awesome guy=D>

PhillipsLT5
05-09-2008, 03:23 AM
Fixed my Cd W/ upgrade in 1 day

John Boothby
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
I am going to send my Bose unit in to Dr. Don's this week along with the front speakers. I just want a link to the radio and speaker removal/install instructions that I know exist somewhere in this site. I found the one where you can buy the instructions, but I thought I saw where a member explained how to do this from his experience.

I just completed a plenum r&r to replace my secondary vac lines; switch and actuators. I used Jeff's instructions in the maintenance section and found them very clear and easy. Car runs great! :mrgreen: Now that all the mechanical stuff was done, I thought that I would tackle the CD and speaker problem.

Thanks for a great website! Great folks always ready to help a fellow zroner!!

jk1
09-11-2008, 12:58 PM
This is what I found when replacing my amps and speakers:

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/frontspeaker.htm

http://www.zr1netregistry.com/amp2.htm

LT5-Lee
02-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Another Satisfied Dr.Don customer!

GOLDCYLON
02-06-2009, 04:03 PM
I have never heard a bad comment from anyone on his services!!!

scottfab
02-06-2009, 05:06 PM
One area to look at after a rework of the CD/Radio is the CD head ribbon.
If it is left up too high it rubs on the circuit board and wears through.
The head ribbon is the small flexible ribbon that caries the wiring to the
CD read head. It flexes each time he head seeks in and out.
It's an easy inspection. Just look in the CD slot with a flash light.
The ribbon shoud come straight back out of the head. It should not be bent upward even slightly

tomtom72
03-03-2009, 09:39 AM
I would also like the brothers to know a bit about Dr.Don's warr service.

They are way beyond what they have to be, JMHO. I sent back my head unit after it was almost a yr out of date and they fixed it no charge!!!!

It failed about six months after it was repaired & I was too lazy to take it back out & return it. I thought I could live without the CD....anyway I called & explained the situation. Dr. Don got a laugh at my laziness & said send it back, we have to make it right. I offered to split it with them because I waited. He said I'll call you if something comes up. One week and my head unit came back, no charge.

:cheers:
Tom

flyin ryan
03-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I would also like the brothers to know a bit about Dr.Don's warr service.

They are way beyond what they have to be, JMHO. I sent back my head unit after it was almost a yr out of date and they fixed it no charge!!!!

It failed about six months after it was repaired & I was too lazy to take it back out & return it. I thought I could live without the CD....anyway I called & explained the situation. Dr. Don got a laugh at my laziness & said send it back, we have to make it right. I offered to split it with them because I waited. He said I'll call you if something comes up. One week and my head unit came back, no charge.

Tomdoesn't surprise me at all. the guy knows what customer service is all about. TWO :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kirkstingray
03-03-2009, 04:28 PM
Dr. Don is the MAN he rebuilt all my amps and head unit, needless to say they work perfect. A real stand up guy. Kirk

Eric870
04-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I used Dr Dons and he did a great job.... He even added a IPOD plug.

4DSZR1
04-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I used Dr Dons and he did a great job.... He even added a IPOD plug.

That's a DAMN good idea... :)

Eric870
04-18-2009, 11:52 AM
He uses the tape deck channel for the IPOD. So you can't use your old tapes. Bummer if you have huge tape collection....

jrd1990zr1
04-10-2010, 06:18 PM
I have never heard a bad comment from anyone on his services!!!

Hey GC can you help me out with Dr. Don's website. I tried to find it here but only dead links.

Thanks!!! :cheers:

tomtom72
04-11-2010, 07:33 AM
http://www.doctordons.com/

This link worked for me....but most of us usually call and talk with the Dr.

jrd1990zr1
04-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Thanks Tom,

I want to get the CD player fixed for the long drive to BG.

I wanted to make sure I had the right place.

John :cheers:

2ZR1S
04-18-2010, 05:17 PM
The the Bose head unit and two amps shipped, repaired, and returned in less than one week. That is outstanding :D ! I can highly recommend the Doctor, very fair prices and quick repairs. Thanks Doc:cheers: .

Just got my radio and all my amps installed after Dr. Don's rebuilt them. The audio system in these cars sound really good when working correctly.