PDA

View Full Version : Reverse / backup light switch

Don in VT
07-31-2010, 04:03 PM
Hi All,

It looks like the stock switch is not available new. I am sure that one will show up used but will probably fail soon. One member responded with a link to a source for a new switch but it seems too long for the application. I will check into that switch however.

Some of us that live in states where vehicles have to pass a basic inspection where all the lights have to work or you can't get your registration and or plates to drive in the state. I read the law and the lights have to work when the transmission is put into reverse. If all else fails I will design a switch that works with the shift linkage.

Based on what I have been reading, there are a lot of owners that are in same boat that we are. Perhaps one of the suppliers out there could pick up on this opportunity,

To help me understand this switch:

Does it only control the backup lamps ?

If not, what other functions does it interact with ?
What operates the switch ? A push pin from inside the tranny ? Oil pressure (not likely)

I know that someone in the forum has designed a clever relay circuit that is effective but even that requires a working switch.

It might be helpful to take a poll on how many folks out there need switch. I would do the poll but I am new to the forum and I just don't know how to do it.

Got to start somewhere

Regards

Don:fahne:

IowaZR-1
08-04-2010, 09:30 PM
AutoZone has one

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/1993-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR-1/Back-Up-Light-Switch/_/N-izln9Z9cio2?filterByKeyWord=reverse+light+switch&fromString=search