PDA

View Full Version : NCRS first things to do

phrogs
02-24-2010, 10:43 AM
If you all want to have your car judged do yourself a favor and order the judging manuals for your year and go over them and judge your car yourself! you'll learn alot and be ready to be judged.

join the NCRS and your local chapeter you don't need to but at least educate yourself on the rules and regs.

95 LT5
02-25-2010, 12:43 AM
X2
:cheers:

Cdn ZR1 95
02-25-2010, 03:43 PM
Is a '95 eligible now and is there a manual for it?

jrd1990zr1
02-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Looks like the 94 &95's are being judged at the Gettysburg regional.

Check the NCRS store for manual availability. NCRS.org

:cheers:

1989ZR1#74
02-27-2010, 09:01 AM
1. Battery cut off switch
2. NCRS window decal
3. Fire Extinguisher.
Bonus raw points. Make sure you have all three.

Find a Chapter meet in your area. Sign up to be an observer judge first. You will know what matters and what doesnt before you put your baby on the field.

40zr1
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Re: Battery cut off switch. What type and where would be a good location?

I'm thinking of going to the Florida winter meet, any additional points would be nice. The only thing that I know is wrong on my car, I have SS brake lines instead of rubber hoses from frame to wheel. But I'm not going to change them just for judging.

Thanks

jrd1990zr1
12-07-2010, 08:38 AM
The type of cut off does not matter in order to get the bonus points. They connect directly to the battery. BTW, having a non-AC Delco battery will cause a point deduction.

SS lines by themselves should not prevent you from getting a top flight. The point total for the car is about 4500 points. You will lose points for the lines but I wouldn't change them for judging. I just had my 1990 Z judged with braided oil cooler lines, result was not that bad.

The place where you can get the biggest deduction is in the operations of the car. If you are going to attend the Florida regional you should download the judging sheets from the NCRS website and with the judging guide do a trial judging of your car yourself. I would concentrate on operations first, then mechanical and chassis. Like I said above make sure all of the car operations work.

Good luck in your quest for top flight! :cheers:

BLACK90ZR1
12-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Make sure that you have a good battery, and that is fully charged, Leave you under hood lights disconnected until time for judging them. The CD player may not operate unless the battery is fully charged. I lost points for that one time. I had it fixed and I. I was getting ready for another judging and it wouldn't operate agin. I charged the battery and it operated fine. I bought another battery for my Crossed Flags judging.

1989ZR1#74
12-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Re: Battery cut off switch. What type and where would be a good location?

I'm thinking of going to the Florida winter meet, any additional points would be nice. The only thing that I know is wrong on my car, I have SS brake lines instead of rubber hoses from frame to wheel. But I'm not going to change them just for judging.

Thanks

Harbor Freight sells them be careful hard to leave that store without buying more stuff!

I echo the ops check and also:

1. check your glove box for the appropriate manuals and cards.
2. Take both sets of keys and the knock outs if you have them. If not get a second set of keys made with the correct letter keys.
3. Bring a couple clean beach towels and flashlights. (towels are universal covers, kneel pads, fender covers, can be used to block sunlight so they dash lights can be checked etc...)
4. Car needs to stay on the judging field until meet is over.
5. It needs to be uncovered from the morning until the field closes at night.

Have fun..

Eric

XfireZ51
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM
The type of cut off does not matter in order to get the bonus points. They connect directly to the battery. BTW, having a non-AC Delco battery will cause a point deduction.

SS lines by themselves should not prevent you from getting a top flight. The point total for the car is about 4500 points. You will lose points for the lines but I wouldn't change them for judging. I just had my 1990 Z judged with braided oil cooler lines, result was not that bad.

The place where you can get the biggest deduction is in the operations of the car. If you are going to attend the Florida regional you should download the judging sheets from the NCRS website and with the judging guide do a trial judging of your car yourself. I would concentrate on operations first, then mechanical and chassis. Like I said above make sure all of the car operations work.

Good luck in your quest for top flight! :cheers:

Are u saying Pete's car wouldn't make it? [-X;)

jrd1990zr1
12-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Are u saying Pete's car wouldn't make it? [-X;)

NO! Just the opposite.

Not sure who Pete is?? If you are talking about the SS brake line question, you can still get a top flight, as the owner you have to understand there will be a point deduction for non-original parts.

As an example, I had changed my oil cooler lines from the OEM ones to a set that "Jeffvette" made. The OEM lines have a tendency to seep at the crimped joints, and not having the time or inspiration I left the non-OEM lines on. I still top flighted my car even though I did not change the oil cooler lines back to OEM.

Sorry if my original statement was not clear enough.