PDA

View Full Version : Final drag racing of the season

Aurora40
11-07-2009, 08:58 AM
Me and a friend will be heading to Mason Dixon today, as we realized this is the 2nd to last test and tune. Short notice, so I don't expect anyone to come along.

But their final T&T date is Nov 22. We're gonna try to hit that date too, assuming the weather is nice.

Anyone else wanna come along? Should be some nice cold air to turn in some real fast times (assuming you can hook it up). :cheers:

Aurora40
11-07-2009, 05:16 PM
I'm on the fence about going on the 22nd now. Traction was terrible today. Every run, shift to second, blow the tires away big time... Even backing off a little and rolling back in, they'd go. It sucked. Traction out of the hole wasn't bad, so it may have been track prep plus the temps, I dunno.

XfireZ51
11-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Bob,

I went today and it was a super weather day at Byron, IL. Temps got up to 72F. Tried some of the Ranger tips. Changing the clutch fluid really made a difference in the shifting. However, trying to hold the rpm at the line was difficult. My best 60' was a 2.1. Best run was a 12.9 @ 117.26
I ran a DA correction for both this run and the runs I did at Great Lakes in September.
Today's run was corrected to 12.6@119.8. The GLD run was 13.0@118.6
corrected to 12.7@120. So pretty consistent. I need DRs badly. Found that best psi was 29.5 hot.

Aurora40
11-08-2009, 02:04 AM
I was running about 32psi hot in the rears. I cut two 2.1 sec 0-60's in spite of never having what felt like a good launch. So that part was sticky, or reasonable at any rate.

Temps were in the high 50's, and my best run was a 13.1 @ 113, which included the requisite letting off of the gas in 2nd gear and pedaling it until 3rd.

QB93Z
11-08-2009, 08:26 AM
Bob, Great to hear that you are out there running your Z. I would like to join you, but I am busy every weekend this month.

I got to make a couple passes in the Yellow '94 down in Texas so I did get to do some drag racing this Fall.

Jim

XfireZ51
11-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I was running about 32psi hot in the rears. I cut two 2.1 sec 0-60's in spite of never having what felt like a good launch. So that part was sticky, or reasonable at any rate.

Temps were in the high 50's, and my best run was a 13.1 @ 113, which included the requisite letting off of the gas in 2nd gear and pedaling it until 3rd.

Yeah that 2nd gear tire spin has to count
for something. Gotta think it's worth couple of tenths and 1-2 mph top end.

Scrrem
11-09-2009, 08:29 AM
Me and a friend will be heading to Mason Dixon today, as we realized this is the 2nd to last test and tune. Short notice, so I don't expect anyone to come along.

But their final T&T date is Nov 22. We're gonna try to hit that date too, assuming the weather is nice.

Anyone else wanna come along? Should be some nice cold air to turn in some real fast times (assuming you can hook it up). :cheers:

Love to join you on the 22nd, but I may not have my back together by they. If I get the axle back in, I'll try to make it.
Rich