ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 05-28-2019   #1
pablopicasso46

Default Climate Control not working

I have a 92 ZR-1(#501) and the climate control module is not working AT ALL. I mean it;'s not just that some or all of the buttons don;t work, but there is nothing but a light in the display window where it;s supposed to show the outside temp and no green light above off ,(or auto if you press that) as there was before. (it had a dead battery which I charged and got it to start) I checked all the fuses that say they have anything to do with the a/c and they
look ok,,including # 12,which is supposed to electric door mirrors and the auto a/c programmer(c68)which I am mentioning only because the mirror adjustment doesn't seem to work either. What else can I check/do before assuming the module is bad and puling it out and getting an new(reconditioned) one?

Thanks in advance for any help
pablopicasso46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #2
aafc

Default Re: Climate Control not working

I found this on youtube. Climate control repair for c4 corvette. about 10 min
instruction on how to clean the climate control unit.
this works as my 1990 had some buttons not operating , followed the instructions , now my climate control unit works fine.
John
1990 white/black #2546
one of a few auto eq 4l8OE ZR-1's
aafc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019   #3
pablopicasso46

Hi John

Thanks for replying There wasn't a link to any you tube video in your reply but I had seen the one I think you were talking about. Unfortunately my problem extends beyond the buttons not working as there are no functions at all. not even any temp shown in the display ,which according to another video I found means there is a problem with the electronics in the module and/or the programmer, which they give instructions on how to repair, or both of which can be repaired by them for a fairly reasonable price so I am going to send them out to them, and I got the control module out according to the instructions on that other video you recommended, and found the programmer, way up under the drivers side dash, got it unscrewed ,but can't figure out how to disconnect the vacuum hoses from the programmer.????\ Do you, or anyone else reading this, know how to do that?

Thanks

Paul
pablopicasso46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019   #4
S.hafsmo

Does the display show nothing, or the three dashes - --?
Old 05-30-2019   #5
32valvesftw

If you have a good battery now, try disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes and reconnect, see if that doesn't help. It fixed mine when I had a similar issue.
Here is that discussion if you are interested
http://www.zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28644

Last edited by 32valvesftw; 05-30-2019 at 07:56 AM.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote