ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 Technical Postings

Old 09-16-2010   #1
WB9MCW

Default ATTENTION ALERT FOR 90-92 ZR-1's -- MAY BE BAD FOR 93-95 AS WELL - SEMA ALERT

LINK >> http://echo.bluehornet.com/hostedema...F59168E92E7A47

SEMA Action Network (SAN)
Date sent 09/15/2010 02:09:30 pm
Subject: Urgent Regulatory Alert

URGENT REGULATORY ALERT

EPA Threatens to Raise Ethanol Content in Gasoline

Under pressure from ethanol producers to raise the ethanol content in gasoline, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) could issue a decision later this month allowing the use of E15 in late-model cars. It could permit the use in other cars at a later date. The SEMA Action Network (SAN) opposes the shift from E10 to E15 due to concerns that the additional content will harm automobiles of all ages, including special interest collector and historic vehicles. To date, there is a lack of conclusive information regarding E15?s effect on engines of different model years. In addition to the potential harm of E15 on engine components, the EPA has no procedure in place to ensure misfueling does not occur or any plan for ensuring regular gasoline continues to be available for older vehicles. The SAN?s concerns are shared by a number of other industry organizations.

We Urge You to Ask President Obama (Contact Information Below) to Stop the EPA from Raising the Ethanol Content in Gasoline

Dear Mr. President:

I strongly urge you to stop the Environmental Protection Agency from raising the amount of ethanol in gasoline from today?s 10 percent (E10) to 15 percent (E15) ? a 50 percent increase.

* The EPA is under pressure from some corporate ethanol supporters to raise the rates in order to boost sales. However, scientific studies have not yet been completed on concerns that the added content could harm auto parts of all ages.
* When ethanol levels are raised, engines react differently and in a potentially dangerous way. Ethanol causes engines to burn hotter which could lead to premature engine and equipment failure. For newer cars, the ?check engine? light may appear unnecessarily or too late to avoid costly repairs.
* Ethanol also increases water formation in the fuel system, especially when the vehicle sits over a period of time. Under these conditions, formic acid is created which corrodes metals, plastics and rubber. This can lead to engine/parts failures and, potentially, safety hazards.
* If the EPA approves E15, it will state that the increased ethanol is only for recent model cars. However, once a new fuel mix enters the gasoline supply system, it will inevitably end up in the wrong engines.
* Gasoline without any ethanol may simply disappear from the marketplace for millions of Americans with older cars or special interest collector and historic vehicles. E10 has already made this a reality in many areas of the country.
* The EPA should wait until all of the scientific research is complete. There is no need for a rush to judgment.

DON?T DELAY! Please contact President Obama at http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at stevem@sema.org. Thank you for your assistance.

=================

IF THE E10 @ 10% IS BAD FOR INJECTORS NOW WHAT WILL A 50% INCREASE TO E15 RESULT IN ???
"The Budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed, lest Rome will become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." - Cicero, 55 BC
" We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln
WB9MCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
rhipsher

Default Re: ATTENTION ALERT FOR 90-92 ZR-1's -- MAY BE BAD FOR 93-95 AS WELL - SEMA ALERT

Dude Obama wants us to go back to living in grass huts and ride donkeys. He doesn't give a rats azz what the people want. If it were totally up to him he'd round up all our cars and dump them 10 miles out in the ocean to make a habitat for fish to live in. If our cars won't run when the ethinol level gets to high then I'll convert mine to run on propane. F him!

Last edited by rhipsher; 09-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.
rhipsher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
dallas

Default Re: ATTENTION ALERT FOR 90-92 ZR-1's -- MAY BE BAD FOR 93-95 AS WELL - SEMA ALERT

It's easy to tell the peons of the country what they can drive or what they can use for fuel....when you're being chauffeured and flown everywhere in luxury.
dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
xlr8nflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas View Post
It's easy to tell the peons of the country what they can drive or what they can use for fuel....when you're being chauffeured and flown everywhere in luxury.

15% ethanol is total BS and not safe.

I don't run any ethanol in my ZR-1.

Original injectors that still GIT-R-Done!
xlr8nflorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #5
Z51JEFF

Yea,you guys keep bitchin and moanin all the while the morons will push this right on through.Anybody bother to send the email?I did,will it do any good,who knows.
Z51JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #6
carter200

I sent the email, too

LT5 Reg# 868 *RIP*
ZR1NET Founding Mem #155
carter200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #7
tomtom72

Me too.
1990 ZR-1, Black/grey, #2233, stock. ZR-1 Net Reg Founding Member #316 & NCM member
tomtom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #8
scholtmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z51JEFF View Post
Yea,you guys keep bitchin and moanin all the while the morons will push this right on through.Anybody bother to send the email?I did,will it do any good,who knows.
The Sema Action Network sent out a similar email when cash for clunkers was going on. I sent emails to all the Michigan reps, senators, even Pelosi and so on.
scholtmj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #9
ittlfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholtmj View Post
The Sema Action Network sent out a similar email when cash for clunkers was going on. I sent emails to all the Michigan reps, senators, even Pelosi and so on.
You sent an email to Pelosi? That would be like trying to teach a pig how to sing. It is a waste of your time and will annoy the pig. Good Luck!

Last edited by ittlfly; 09-17-2010 at 09:32 AM.
ittlfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #10
scholtmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittlfly View Post
You sent an email to Pelosi? That would be like trying to teach a pig how to sing. It is a waste of your time and will annoy the pig. Good Luck!
Ha, at least my discontent is justified since I actually tried to work within the process.

Shouldn't complain if you don't try!
scholtmj is offline   Reply With Quote