ZR-1 Net Registry Forums  

Go Back   ZR-1 Net Registry Forums > C4 ZR-1 > C4 ZR-1 General Postings

Old 09-29-2015   #1
cvette98pacecar

Default 90' ZR-1 sold 8K

I am less than 10 minutes from where this car is located. If you need help changing the injectors and repairing the vacuum leak (If there is a leak). I will be more than happy to help.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181879805262...torefresh=true

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015   #2
efnfast

Default Re: 90' ZR-1 sold 8K

Wow, 8 grande.
efnfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015   #3
George Maz

Why would this one go so cheap? Did I not notice a bigger red flag in the description than what was mentioned?
Obviously needs TLC, higher mileage, paint damage, and vacuum leaks mentioned. Is that alone what stalled bidding?
Rarer Charcoal color, No accident history, I'd say somebody got themselves a screaming deal ... unless I missed something.
Hope it shows up here on the forum.
1990 ZR-1 #1587
1990 ZR-1 #1727
George Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015   #4
edram454

the car just looks like it is worn out everywhere. the paint has issues, the interior trim pieces look scratched up,, the seats look tired,,, did you see the soaking wet engine compartment probably after a power wash by the dealer (see dealer plates),,, now you are going to have even more issues with flooded intake,,,so many little things just add up to a ton of stuff it needs. maybe it is just a vacuum issue,, maybe it is just lots of work and too many maybe's. It sold for what it should have sold for. It is a very cheap way to get into a zr1 for sure.

ed ramos #3028

1990 #3028..siamese ported plen/hous/SGC/fidanza/DRM LTHeaders/DRM roll cage/camber rod/drilled slot rotors hawk track pads/grand sport calipers/full corsa exhaust/Hurst/NO cats/custom SGC chip/cbeamplate/315's on all 4/intake water plugged/smog removed..RC injectors/LED lights..SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT ALL THE MONEY IN IT.. SOLD.
edram454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #5
cvette98pacecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by edram454 View Post
the car just looks like it is worn out everywhere. the paint has issues, the interior trim pieces look scratched up,, the seats look tired,,, did you see the soaking wet engine compartment probably after a power wash by the dealer (see dealer plates),,, now you are going to have even more issues with flooded intake,,,so many little things just add up to a ton of stuff it needs. maybe it is just a vacuum issue,, maybe it is just lots of work and too many maybe's. It sold for what it should have sold for. It is a very cheap way to get into a zr1 for sure.

ed ramos #3028
Ed, I could not agree with you more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=blue]G[/COLOR][COLOR=red]rand[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]S[/COLOR][COLOR=red]port[/COLOR] Registry Lifetime Member
NCM Lifetime Member #2655
Pacecar Registry Member
[COLOR=red]ZOOM Charter Member - ZR-1 Owners of Michigan[/COLOR]
[COLOR=plum][I]ZR-1[/I] Registry member since 2012 [/COLOR]
[COLOR=black]1990 LPE "368" Aerobody ZR-1, Last ZR-1 built by John[/COLOR]
1991 Callaway Aerobody ZR-1, DRM 500
1991 Shinoda Aerobody Spyder,
1998 Pace Car
cvette98pacecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #6
RussMcB

I haven't followed the link to see the car, but it reminds me of mine - Pretty rough, bought it for $10k. Have spent $7-8k more on it and it's well on its way of (re)becoming a great car.

So, it's great that people are buying cheap ZR-1's and reviving them. Fortunately, many of the parts & interiors are shared with the base model, so it's not hard to get new or good parts for cheap.

A lot like what they do on Wheeler Dealers (except maybe spend more than 30 minutes on it. :-)
Russ McBride, [COLOR="Red"]Car Sold 8/2020[/COLOR] #1635, Marietta, GA USA, 1991 ZR-1, #766 (bought 1/1/2015)
MS3-Pro, OBX, SW X-Pipe, Borla, Hurst, SLP, Goodyear F1 GS-D3, Kenwood. HOTB 2016Q3
[IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=316&pictureid=2873[/IMG] [IMG]http://zr1.net/forum/picture.php?albumid=336&pictureid=2985[/IMG]
RussMcB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #7
Billy Mild

Mine is in better shape and not for not much more. Price is what attracted me to buy one of these cars.
Billy Mild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #8
MuRCieLaGo

This car was for sale March '15, and I went to try it in Toronto. I even sent a PM to someone who was seeking for information. I remember it had 199,xxx kms (123,xxx miles).

These are some of the notes I told him:

-Power key is missing.
-Oil leak in front, passenger side. Seems to be a hard line, no big deal.
-Back bumper has a slight different color than the rest of the car. Some scratches here and there, but no big deal neither. Body is pretty ok.
-Transmission grinds in 1st gear.
-Gas pedal is broken.
-Windshield suffers of delamination
-Interior is decent.
-Engine runs like ****.

They were also speaking about the car there:
http://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...eap-to-me.html
MuRCieLaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #9
32valvesftw

Unless your a talented mechanic I thin you may have to spend several thousand just to get it running properly. Once upon a time I was so proud that I bought the lowest price BMW M5 in the country, with Dinan exhaust, intake, chip and throttle bodies, according to auto trader listings at the time. I spent over 7k in the first year. Do I regret it? Not for a second I almost bought that car back instead of my ZR1, but the guy wanted too much for it. For what its worth my ZR1 would stomp that M5.
32valvesftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015   #10
GOLDCYLON

Always buy the best ZR-1 you can afford. Lower prices usually dont represent the best value in the long run. However if your handy and want to break into the bobby and dont have a lot of money by all means go for it. GC
GOLDCYLON - 91 ZR-1 #2014
GOLDCYLON - 90 ZR-1 #2794, 4L60e (Formerly Schrade's)

GOLDCYLON - 11 CTS-V

Arizona State Director

91 WHITE/BLACK #2014. 380 P&P&PCed,Ported Heads, Jeal Long tubes, Corsa Exhaust/FIKSE FM-5s /LED TLs, LED Headlights, Front Wilwood 6 piston narrowlite calipers and rear Wilwood caliper street shop mod,CNCed Coolant Pipes,TPI Cvr,Filter cover,Stainless Bolts, DRM/DOM PROM /ZFDOC mod build #102,DRLs,BMAD with stainless Debris Screen,Coplan Air Blaster, Pioneer APP Radio 4,Brey-Krause HB,Sub Bar,Fire extinguisher seat mount,DRM Coilovers,LEDs everywhere,Compass mirror (orange),V1 DIC hidden display, Homelink sun visor, Carbon Fiber top x3 and APSIS Carbon Fiber interior, APSIS CF Steering Wheel/NAPA Leather, Banski trailing arms, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension) ZFDoc drive shaft safety loop, raptor shift light (orange),AO engineering louver front plate, Console seat cushion, 96CE seats with black custom Sheepskins, ss billet catch can,Viper remote entry/alarm,Cragar Rear Louvers,LED side louver lights, Dewitts Radiator with SPAL fans and a Woods 160 T-Stat

90 RED/BLACK #2794. 4L60e Automatic Stage V by RPM Transmission, TCI Dedicated TCM, OBX Stainless Headers, Corsa Exhaust, SAN Secondaries and Haibeck PROM, Exotic Muscle Coil overs, LED Interior Lights, LED Tail Lights, LED Headlights, 94 Sport seats with black custom Sheepskins , Cragar rear louvers, GS Front calipers, Banski Trailing arms, APSIS Carbon Fiber steering wheel, Front and Rear Baer Eradispeeds, DRLs, Guldstrand front suspension,urethane bushings from Prothane (total suspension), Dewitt's Raditor with Dual SPAL fans and a Haibeck 170 T-Stat

11 RED/GREY CTS-V
GOLDCYLON is offline   Reply With Quote